1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO 6.6.0.6 Many problems HELP !! After re-format

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rcdualrat, Feb 21, 2005.

1. rcdualrat

rcdualrat Member

I need help PLEASE !
    After a reformat of windows 98se I cannot get nero to work. I re-installed the most recent version..6.6.0.6 which I didn't use before I think is was version 6.3.125 which I tried also and no go. I re-installed ASPI drivers version 4.71. I use DVD shrink and DVD decrypt for my ripping tools and img burn tool all up to date. Problems are....when I try to burn with nero It starts, my drive opens and closes starts then fails.
    Burn process fails error.
    Also when I try and erase a disc it starts and then my drive opens but nero still shows it's erasing ??
    I have tried many media types all no good. I have tried to set DVD book type checked in my settings. Not sure what else to try.
    I have burned many movies of the last year with no problems....WHAT CAN THE PROBLEM BE ???
    Thanks,

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Does this only happen with Nero? Can you still burn with other programs (e.g. Decrypter)?

3. rcdualrat

rcdualrat Member

Hello,
    Thanks for the quick reply, I have never tried to burn with decrypter. Is there a certain way to do this ?
    If you can help I will give it a try.
    I have tried to burn with Img tool burn but that uses Nero as its burn tool correct ?
    Up for any and all suggestions.

Thanks

4. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

ImgTool does exactly that - it will create an .img/.iso files. Nero will burn those, but DVD Decrypter will do that as well (of course Decrypter is free).

DVD Decrypter is a great, free ripping tool. check out the guides section of AfterDawn and/or www.mrbass.org (wealth of beginner content there as well).

5. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Hi,

I think you'll need to put the first version in first again 6.3.125 then update/overwrite it with ver 6.6.0.6 then it should work.

I bought a legitimate version of Nero and was entitled to the updates for it. I could not just use the downloaded update after an windows re-install, I had to install my purchased version first.

Hope this helps

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

All worth a try.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Did you load InCD from Nero by any chance? If so get rid of it and try again :)

8. rcdualrat

rcdualrat Member

Thanks everyone for there help and support,
    This is where I stand, As soon As I put a brand new DVD in my drive it kicks it out(after a few spins) and the error is
    "Please insert an empty disk to write to..."
    Brand new disk...
    This is with Img tool burn program.
    Hmmmmmm so where is the problem ? software or drive ?
    I can burn data to a cd-rom with the same drive but no DVD ? I checked my DMA settings on, before and afterwards with no luck...( no change)should these be checked or not ?? Seams to make no difference. Not real sure but I'm trying everything I can think of.
    With Nero 6.6.06. The error is "burn process failed at 4X"
    so again in need of any suggestions,
    Thanks

9. hursty

hursty Active member

in shrink disable nero option

edit>preferences>file i/o....untick nero

when shrink hsas done it stuff,decrypter pops up,make sure you select burn with decrypter on drop menu

i think the latest is version 6.0.0.8?

correct me if i am wrong

with kind regards hursty

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005