1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6 need to change default drive for Nero temp - HOW?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by GeoDude, Jul 18, 2005.

1. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

I've looked at several forums, help files, and manual... no joy.

How to change the Nero Temp Drive?

How the heck can I change the default temp drive for Nero 6.6... Nero Express??? My C: drive has only 5 GB free, my H: drive has 20 GB free... every time I want to copy a DVD it goes to the C: drive. I want Nero Express to use my H: drive for the temp image file.

2. cumali

cumali Member

Installing Nero in H: would shurely help, but thats a minor solution, but you should do that when there is no other way....:(

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

look in Nero's preferences

4. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

There's the problem... Nero Express has NO preferences... no menus, nothing... HELP?

5. creaky

ah, i half suspected that. ok the only other option i guess is to uninstall and reinstall on a bigger drive.

or get something like partition magic to re-jig the partitions better. unless of course they're physically different discs in which case do the reibstall thing.

or another extreme would be to clone the 5gb to the 20gb disc, then have the 20gb disc as your main drive and redo 5gb as second disc

6. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

But... I've seen posts that suggest changing the DEFAULT NERO TEMP DRIVE... but no explanations of how to do that... there must be some way in NERO to specify the DEFALUT TEMP DRIVE... but I cannot find it... SOMEBODY OUT THERE MUST KNOW THE ANSWER?

My 30 GB C: drive has 5GB free, my 80 GB H: drive has 20 GB free. I just need to change NERO's temp drive from C: top H: -- but HOW???

HELP???

I've got THE Nero 6.6 ULTRA program installed on C: but I want all my data on H: -- SHOULD BE EASY.. yes?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2005
  7. creaky

...not if you're saying you can't find it in preferences...

8. creaky

free up more space and reinstall other programs on bigger drive...

9. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

Tried a few more things. Ran NERO.EXE instead of going into Nero Express. Found some Preferences there. Changed the CACHE PATH to a folder on my H:drive. Tried to copy using Nero, but TEMPIMAGE.NRG still goes into the My Documents folder on the C: drive... Then, copied the whole directory for Ahead NERO onto my H: drive, ran Nero Express from that copy. STILL the TEMPIMAGE.NRG file goes onto the C: drive as before... Next thing to try? Maybe: create a new user with My Documents on the H: drive??? Run Nero from that user, see where TEMPIMAGE.NRG goes...

There has to be a better way!

10. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

I'm thinking... maybe using the wrong tool for the job here... but my SR674 DVD Video Recorder burns ISO format DVDs in a slightly irregular format. Months ago, I tried using other tools. I just want to copy my DVD... but it seemed only NERO 6.6 would do the job. I burned a lot of coasters trying DVDSHRINK and DVDDecrypter, just wanting to make an ISO image on my hard drive, then burn a backup copy on DVD. Saving the ISO image in case anything went wrong with the DVD copy...

I doubt that removing and reinstalling NERO on my H: drive will make any difference, it seems NERO wants to put its temp file into My Documents...

If NERO has no way to specify where to put the TempImage.NRG file, what next?

Any suggestions on the easiest, fastest way to copy a whole DVD???

11. Terrabyte

Terrabyte Member

what about More/Configure/Folders and change the temp directory

12. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

Thanks, Terrabyte,

What version do you have when seeing:
    More/Configure/Folders to change the temp directory ??

I'm running running Nero 6.6.0.12:

Under More/Configure/...

I do not see any FOLDERS option...

only General, Cache, Language, Sounds, Expert, Database, Ultrabuffer, Misc.

I have looked at all those tabs, tried Cache (I've specified H:\NeroTemp) but no joy...

13. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

Error 999 ... Giving up on Nero for now ... haha

I'm gonna try DVDDecrypter ... ISO mode... Then see if my SR674 video recorder can play it...

14. MrWhsprs

MrWhsprs Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  15. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

Thanks for the screen shot, MrWhsprs - What OS are you running?

I'm running Nero 6.6.0.12 on Windows 2000 Pro and I do not get anything like that. The options I get are:
    I guess I will have to try the Nero 6.6.0.15 update.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2005