1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Audio Burning Problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jpeace121, Apr 12, 2004.

1. jpeace121

jpeace121 Guest

I searched on this, and I couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if someone else has encountered this problem and can help. I had nero (5.9, i think) on my machine, and it was working great. I had to do a rebuild, and updated my version. after I installed nero 6, i now get bad burns. What happens is that the cd will play fine in any player if you just let start at track one and play through the whole cd. But if you try to select a track other than track one, it can't find it. I then reverted to the older version, and it now does the same thing too. Anyone know whats going on here?

system info:
    AMD athlon 1.8
    512 Meg DDR
    nero 6.0.0.0
    lite-on 451S

thanks in advance.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

To narrow down the problem a bit you could

- try foobar2000 for burning (with foo_burninate.dll component it uses Nero burning engine for burning audio CDs)

- try a different burning software, e.g. Burrrn or Exact Audio Copy

- try different media / burning speed

BTW: What source files do you use? Single .wav/.mp3/... files, one for each track or one big audio file and a .cue sheet - or something completely different? How do you get/create these file(s)?

3. smarrte

smarrte Member

I have *exactly* the same problem. I try and burn compilations of several wav/mp3 files, but it burns it to track 1... and the cd player goes loopy when trying to play the other blank tracks.

Now I also have a Liteon cd/dvd burner (411S) so maybe the problem lies there?

But I'm sure I succesfully burned a couple of audio cd's with Nero 5 when I first got the Liteon drive...

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend any other audio CD burning software that supports CD text like Nero?

Cheers all

4. ricster

ricster Regular member

If Nero was working OK before then I would try using the Nero General Clean Tool (something like that) and then re-install Nero. It is available for download on nero.com. This really does remove all traces of Nero. I have had problems upgrading Nero on a number of occasions. In each case the suggested fix from Technical Support is to run the Clean Tool and re-install. It has worked in all cases so far. Definitely worth a try first.

5. jpeace121

jpeace121 Guest

[bold]ricster[/bold], thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

6. smarrte

smarrte Member

Right, well Ive just thrown my old AOpen CD burner back in and burnt a compilation and all is 100% fine, so it looks like it must be the Lite-on drive.

Strangely enough though, Ive tried all the duff CD's that Ive tried to burn this week on my DVD player and they play FINE, track by track (obviously the Liteon being geared more as a DVD burner than a CD-R).

So my advice is try some different drivers or whack yer old CD-RW drive back in ; )