1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 cheap?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dcrosby1, Jan 1, 2004.

1. dcrosby1

dcrosby1 Member

Does anyone know about a good deal for the new Nero 6? I have downloaded the demo and it expires on 1/31, and I do like it, but $100 is a lot of bank!!

Is there an alternative to Nero 6 that is either cheaper or free but just as good? Or is there a place I can get a code for less than buying it from the company itself?

I know I can get the full version on ebay for about $60 plus shipping.

Thanks
    Donna

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

3. spetra

spetra Member

I am looking to buy an official version of Nero also. +

Do the versions in these links have the burning rom feature that is availible in the trial version you can download at afterdawn.com?

I don't like how the oem version says that it does not support dvd video. I don't want to buy a software package that is useless. Any help would be appreciated.

4. dcrosby1

dcrosby1 Member

email me at << no emails >> and I will give you info that you need!

Donna

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  5. tomreid

tomreid Member

I bought the OEM version of Nero 6 on Ebay for $15

6. hansvdb

hansvdb Member

try mysimon, I just got an OEM for $13 including shipping, with some limitations on the DVDvideo authoring, but just what I need. I found several sponsored links cheap.

7. GWPyro

GWPyro Member

The cheapest place for an OEM version of NERO 6 is at: http://www.mrtechus.com, it will cost you $6.00 U.S dollars including shipping and insurance, from the day you order it takes like three more days for you to get it, sweet.

8. defline

defline Guest

Nero 6 ultra edition full,New, $35, go to http://www.eagletronics.com, does not come with the box or paper manual, only the CD,shipping is $3.95 U.P.S. They also have other softwares.

9. cats7

cats7 Guest

sorry for the basic question, but how do you know if the software is the full version or just the oem? I want to get the cheapest price on the Nero 6, but there are a ton of bs companies out there promising the full and only give you the oem.

10. UMDMaxima

UMDMaxima Guest

I just purchased the full retail version of Nero 6 Ultra for $73 shipped from www.atomicpark.com ... not cheap, but still not $100 :)

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A good solid alternative is RecordNow DX. Give the demo a whirl and see what you think before you pay for anything.

http://www.orlogix.com/prodinfo.php?pn=rndx

I paid $40 for the full version and prefer it to Nero after having used Nero for years.

12. mad_cow

mad_cow Member

I paid...$0.

If the program expires, simply reset the computer clock back to a date before it expired. After you're done with Nero, reset the clock back to the right date.

Or you can just buy the legit product from CompUSA for $79.

13. gwolfe

gwolfe Member

So how do you know if an OEM version (i.e. the $6 one at mrtech mentioned above) will work with your drive? Everytime I've purchased a new CD burner it has come with an OEM version of Nero which is keyed to the specific CD drive that it came with; it will not work with any other drives unless upgraded...$$$.

Thanks,
    -G

14. zimer

zimer Member

gwolfe,
    You are right on the mark. Have had similar experience with OEM versions of Nero which are meant to work on specific burner it came with. I actually tried this on one of my system. It didn't work.

zimer :)

15. Homemaint

Homemaint Member

Hello all, I just wanted to make a note to folks who purchase the Nero 6 program.
    Make sure you get the suite 3 as suite 1 is for cd's.
    You can find some good deals on Ebay but do some research as to which one you want to purchase as you'll also want to be able to get the free upgrades.

16. gwolfe

gwolfe Member

So basically the OEM versions of NERO are worthless? That explains why they sell for $6. (Zimer, any more comments?) Think I'll just go ahead and buy the $40 to $50 version.

17. SueSee

SueSee Guest

I bought the full suite from eagletronics.com. It is version 6.0, load it, use the supplied serial number, then update with the current upgrade from nero.com. Total cost is $38.95 including shipping. No manual or box, but manual is included on disk, who needs a box?

18. zimer

zimer Member

Question remains What version works the best. Several Versions reported in forums have had minor glitches when recording ISO images (DVD's)?
    Has Ahead made any attempts to clear out bugs?? If anybody can tell me please what version works with XP.

Zimer :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  19. SueSee

SueSee Guest

The only problem I've had is that I can't use the supplied program to view my movies; when I try to use the viewer, my computer instantly re-boots. I assume it's a conflict with a driver on my burner, as I don't have the problem with my work computer, which doesn't have a burner, only a dvd-rom. I haven't had time to search for a "cure." As for burning DVDs, I haven't had a problem using Re-Code with AnyDVD, or Shrink with Nero Burning ROM. (No one method works with all movies.)

20. cats7

cats7 Guest

SueSee, you bought your version from eagletronics, right? was the upgrade from Nero free and do you now have the 6.0 Suite 3 (full version)? doesn't make sense: why would Nero give out the upgrade for free and why even need it if eagletronics says it's selling the latest full version??????? something funny is going on here.