1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 copyright errors when copy DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deafman, Sep 3, 2004.

1. deafman

deafman Member

Just installed new DVD burner and attempted to copy some movies, but keep getting the copyright protected error.
    Am using XP Pro with Nero 6 that came with the DVD burner. how do I get pass this to can create backups
    of my kids Disney movies.

2. smackos

smackos Member

hello, try downloading DVD Shrink and or DVD Decrypter (thay are both free so no cracking needed but you wouldnt do that would you,that would be a copyright infingement and illegal). what i do is use DVD Decrypter saving to hdd as a iso file first to get rid of that nasty copy protection then use DVD Shrink (dvd shrink does remove protection but i was sometimes getting errors) to open the image and burn it to dvd+r but DVD Shrink is a must have you can re-author dvd's to fit on a 4.7gb disk. This process is abit time consuming but it works. i hope that was a help

3. michigan

michigan Guest

You should always try Shrink first if it doesn't craack it (not very often) then use Decrypter. Shrink is free and an excellent program and the best one to start out on. Read through the forums to gleen informatiion and save the ScubaPete guide to burning, I like the special edition one myself :)

4. deafman

deafman Member

Shouldn't I be able to use nero 6.0 and somehow turn the copyright off?? or does the two programs you recommend help Nero or they standalone programs?

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

deafman,
    Nero does not delete the CSS Protection. Only Shrink and DVDDecrypter do. Do what the others said about using Shrink and DVDDecrypter

6. smackos

smackos Member

they are stand alone but i do belive that dvd shrink relies on nero to enable burning.i dont think nero will copy protected dvd's at all, they wouldnt want the lawsuit in the usa. the 2 programs i told you about befor remove the protection but make sure you have spare room on your hdd to fit the dvd on.

7. smackos

smackos Member

deafman what burner are you using?

8. michigan

michigan Guest

Nero will not copy a protected movie. Shrink needs another program to burn but you can use Decrypter instead of Nero or keep using Nero.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Try using DVD43 or AnyDvd to overcome copyright protection. It works for me.

10. deafman

deafman Member

Sorry for delay, went 2 bed. Downloaded the Shrink and will do it when get home from work this arvo.
    It looks fairly easy.
    Thanks for all the help with that as was bit cautious
    about downloading the freeware and have it corrupt
    my computer.

Cheers & thanks again

11. michigan

michigan Guest

Shrink is an awesome program you'll be gald you did it. Did we mention it's FREE (I'm a CAB and FREE thing s get me excited) You will also want to download Decrypter you may find a disc that Shrink doesn't want to crack and you can use Decrypter if Shrink won't do it. you should always try Shrink 1st though. Oh yeah and Decrypter is FREE too.