1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 killed my DVD-RW drive? Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by QNine, Oct 25, 2004.

1. QNine

QNine Member

Hey guys (and ladies),

So I was using Nero the other day to backup some CDs, using the CD copy option. I have two Liteon drives, a CD-RW/DVD (Lite-On Combo SOHC-5232K) and a Liteon DVD-RW drive (Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-H32S). As I was copying the discs, the program seemed to freeze. I couldn't get it to unfreeze so I force closed it since it was completely locked up. After that, two things happened. First, the original disc I was copying (not a burned disc, a retail disc) wouldn't read in either drive. It was as if it had been erased or something. Second, the DVD-RW drive stopped working completely. I restarted and the computer made a crazy beeping sound through all of startup. I tried to trouble shoot the problem but nothing worked. The disc still didin't work in either drive, and while the CD/DVD drive was fine, the DVD-RW drive won't recognize any disc I put in it. The computer thinks the drive is working fine (it lists it as "Working as intended" or something like that) so I don't know what to do. Did Nero erase my retail disc (damn expensive one too) and kill my DVD-RW drive? I need some help BAD. Thanks!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

doubt very much it erased retail, should have been finalized. try disconnecting dvdr from system, remove dvdr in safemode, reconnect drive & see what happens in normal mode. what windows using

3. QNine

QNine Member

I am running Windows XP, Service Pack 2.