1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO 6 ,LLEGAL DISC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ned_kelly, Oct 4, 2003.

1. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

i burned a few disc using nero 6 on a Pioneer 106 writer and Ritek G04 disc's. At first it was cool, a few good films restored to disc but then nothing, 5 good and the rest are coasters!!!!!! its getting frustrating almost to the point of using the discs as frisbies and throwing the writer through the window of bigpockets.com who sold me the dodgy writer and media

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What is your writer and what steps are you taking when attempting to burn? Detail them please

3. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

oh ive tried everything. Ive got a pioneer 106 and im "trying" to use Nero 6, step by step heres what i do,

i take an already successfully copied dvd of a mates wedding and put it in the dvd rom, i put the blank dvd in the writer,
    start nero burning rom, the most recent course of action was click express, select dvd-video,
    i add the files from the dvd, nero creates the image ready to burn.
    i click the burn buton, it starts burning away, happily burning by itself, i dont run no programs whilst its burning, i just leave it alone, few minutes later the message comes up "burn failed at 4x(whatever kb)".
    In the log it has some messages about illegal disc, ive made quite a few frisbies now, 3 different brands now, 2 different types too +/-!!!! Medianca, Datasafe (supposed to be Ritek G04)
    can you understand how frustrated im becoming?
    and ive unistalled and reinstalled nero more times than i care to remember, and ive used pinnacles instant cd/dvd crap. i fyou want i could post the log from the last frisbie.

If anyone can shed some light on the subject....
    Oriphus, you seem to be the wise oe, i know you can solve this...

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

ok, lets all stand back here and take a deep breath! arrrrrr thats better!

now you say whaen you first got the drive it sang sweet music for you! ok, its got to be hardware or drivers?

i would uninstall the drive in device manager and reboot the comp! let windows find it! try that! i have done this it works!

ok, have you loaded any software since you made your last good disc? or done anything to your computer ie: new drives or hardware? upgraded your operating system anything?

as to it sounds as though something has most definatly changed! as you say you treid 3 types of media now! were that the same as the good discs you once burned?

any more info please let us know!

Thx...

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

SORRY DAM DOUBLE POST ????????

does it omly happen on your mates dvd? what about real dvd films?

have you tried dvd to dvd? (no image go from one to the other!) dont touch settings!

Thx...__X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  6. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

Rotary, you are a god!!!

I uninstalled the writer, reboot, uninstalled all software with ANY connection to dvd at all.
    rebooted, put nero back on, power dvd etc but no other burning software anywhere, only nero.
    so far so good, managed to burn 2 of the problem discs, only the master of the problem disc's to go...fingers crossed....

but dont think youve heard the last of me, theres bound to be a swift kick to the nuts just around the corner and then i will come looking for you.

Thanks again,

Ned

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

sounds good! 2 discs done! ok well did you get the "bad boy" disc done?????

yes, things can get a mite confusing throwong software aspi's and programs on your comp! i tend to stick with a few that are known to work good!

also to note some sofwares dont like certain drives and also each other! easy cd creator is one i think? there is one software that after its loaded its there for file!!!! you need an uninstall program to get it off, from the website that built it! you think you have uninstalled but you havnt!

Thx...

EDIT:

Oh by the way i have the same pioneer DVR106D i love it! 14min burn times!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  8. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

i certainly did!!! all 100% working except for a damned cyclic redundancy error on one disk, not impressed!!

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Cyclic Redundancy error is a known issue with DVD Shrink.

Use DVD Decrypter & DVD2One process instead & you'll not get that error : )-

10. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

Is there anything you guys dont know about this line of work? Im gonna find something that will stump ya..

To Be Continued...

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The issue is being addressed with the future release (any day now) of DVD Shrink version 3.1

12. herbsman

Really ? So it is a proper release & not just Shrink 3 beta 10 or similar : )

I hear all these ppl ranting and raving about DVD Shrink but very few (and I mean virtually none of them) help out when a DVD Shrink problem is asked in forum/thread (there are some avaricious folk about)

Chris: Is there any details of changelog for new release..?

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Not sure but this may be what you need (from dvdrdigest DVD Shrink official site):

Redesign re-author mode
    Probably go back to version 2.3 style GUI, with video preview window on the left and allow multiple sources to be opened in the "Titles" window.

Buttons
    Allow user-selectable button bitmaps (PNG or GIF)

"Cannot Decrypt VOBS" error
    This occurs when DVD is opened in file mode, but whichever software ripped the VOBS forgot to remove the copy protection flag. Maybe DVD Shrink should continue, read the data anyway and hope for the best.

"Shutdown when finished" option
    This option should also be present in the encoding window, so user can change his mind

"Analysis before backup" option
    DVD Shrink should check that video compression is set to "Automatic" before allowing this option. Otherwise, output may be over/under-sized.

Closed Captions
    Should not be stripped from the video output

CPU Overheating
    Should be fixed by offering a thread priority option in backup window

Non-DeCSS version
    Should always distribute a non-deCSS build of the current version so magazines etc can safely review.

Audio Preview, AC3 playback
    This could be offered by replacing the preview engine with a DirectShow based source filter: AC3 preview would then be OK if user already has AC3 decoder filters installed (as come with PowerDVD etc, so everyone should have them).

Selection Color
    Seems that the choice of gray selection color should be user-configurable.

Win98/2000 problems
    I think most of these problems are related to fact that DVD Shrink is compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET version. I may go back to using Visual C++ 6.0 (which was used to compile DVD Shrink 1.03). DVD Shrink does require ASPI drivers (wnaspi32.dll) installed if running on Win95/98.

Audio/Subpicture stream remapping
    It may be possible to do this properly (i.e. completely remove disabled streams from the IFO files) in some circumstances: for instance if the stream has been completely disabled over the entire DVD, and not just in one title.

Layer Break
    Should be a removal option in preferences.

PGC Command Table in re-author mode
    Seems that the current set of commands generated by DVD Shrink (which ensure sequential playback of re-authored titles) cause problems on some players. I'll look into some alternative commands which do the same thing.

14. Wolf354

Wolf354 Member

I had a very similar problem! and it was a dumb XP installed on my pc. After fighting codecs, drives, programs, virus ... finally I realised the problem was from the root of it all.

Wolf354

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, im not that happy with XP Pro, its always fecking up. I re-format the whole computer every 3-4months.

16. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

theres nothing wrong with a format, it keeps all the junk off and everything running well, its a damn sight quicker than defraging my hard drives i know that!
    anyway, i hear theres a new OS coming out soon, supposed to be more capable whatever thats supposed to mean

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Well, Windows Server 2003 is out - which is like Windows XP Pro i suppose. I have it but have yet to try installing it.

18. ned_kelly

ned_kelly Member

no, not server, its got a wierd name at the moment, i will find where i read about it and post a link. Its supposed to replace XP.

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nice one - update me when you do please :-D

I know there is a OS coming out called Windows Cement which combines the best of Windows CE, Windows ME and Windows NT - Hence CE-ME-NT. However, I dont think it is a replacement for XP Pro, i think Windows Server 2003 is the replacement for XP Pro, but then again i could be well wrong :-D

20. herbsman

Windows XP Pro has been good to me , no problems at all (apart from having to get security patches all the time - LOL)
    I have used friends PC's and WinXP Home seems pretty crappy...

WinME has to be the worst O/S they ever came out with !