1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6 or 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rbrock, Aug 31, 2006.

1. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I posted this on the wrong Forum I only got one feedback so don't yell at me to much but what I wanted to know is nero 7 worth the upgrade from nero 6 ultra all I got was nero 7 has a lot of bugs what can 7 do that 6 can't ? anything ? it looks different but what can it do ?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm Nero 7 is a bit bloated imho.
    Has Nero Scout which will organize all you media files and is a resource hog. I have it disabled.
    The newer versions of 7 have the animated menus & buttons in Vision - nice if you do alot w/ Vision.
    Has a few other media orginizing things like something w/ your pc & tv.
    Here's all the new features:
    http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_7_Premium_New_Features.html

If these are things you would use - try the demo and see how it goes.
    If not stick w/ 6.6.0.18.

Each different version of 7 seems to have it own problems. Just depends on what you use it for. More problems reported w/ Vision like audio out of sync esp.
    My biggest issue was the skipping w/ mp3's converted to audio and the slowness/lags/hang ups in Recode, Vision, Express. The last versions are faster for me and looks like the last version may have fixed the mp3 problem for me but maybe not everyone.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well right now I put in for support for Nero 7, which I cannot get the MP3 encoder to work in any way, shape or form. I even reformated and had nothing in the computer but Nero 7 and the MP3 Lame and MP2Pro encode to the last 2 or 3 mgs and then the program just stops responding and I have to close from the Task Mgr. I am not fond of how Recode works it seems slower and seems like it does the process twice. Nero 6 works perfectly but 7 has something I can't get to run. Will be lucky if I hear from Nero though, as the one and only time I put in for support it took a week and five emails later and by then I had found the answer somewhere else. Okay, I am a little upset and went off on a rant...........sorry all :)

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

thanks Binker looks like I'll keep good ole 6 nobody has jumped out and said 7 is the One yet, they allways have these upgrades and it's really just a new look and cost money not much more than that I have 7 but I dummied down to 6 I also have Roxio 8 and I dummied down to 6 on a different PC I was hoping someone could say, nero 7 can do a lot more but no one has the answer yet I'll see what happens on this post

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@arniebear

if anyone has the right to rant it is you...lol

heck i just got nero6.6.0.18il work with itbefore i even think of the downgrade to 7..lol
    i'll let binkie work all the bugs out first.... thanks again binkie7

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanks, cincyrob. After spending two days trying to resolve the problem, I just got fed up with the program. Have had no problems with any other program all run smoothly except this version of Nero. I may try it on my 4550 Dimension, if it runs on that one I will kill myslelf, lol.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

4550 thats a dell isnt arnie? how is that setup?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I liked the 4550 it is a good computer and no troubles with it. My wife uses that one, I got a 5100 a year ago and it runs well too, except for this Nero issue.

9. binkie7

@arniebear
    No need to apologize - I know how you feel - Nero 7 at times made me feel that way too :)

@rbrock
    Nope just my 2 cents but this ain't the one. I think Nero it just trying to do too much w/ 1 peice of software that it's backfiring on them. I still use 6.6.0.18 on 1 pc - 7 has not thrilled me enuf to venture to another pc w/ it.

@cincyrob
    LOL - I deal w/ too many bugs at work - last thing I want is to deal w/ them on my home stuff :)

10. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

So is 6.6.0.18

the best version of Nero out there ?

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

So far I have found 6.6.0.18 to be the best it works great, is fast, has no problem with my BenQ1625 lightscribe, Plextors, Lite-on or NEC drives. When they did the update to the 6.6.0.14 I started having troubles. Needless to say 7 has caused complete chaos on my system, so I don't recommend that one at all, but others have no problems.

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

For the record, I recommend and use 7.0.8.2 without any problems (at this stage)

The best of Nero6 is 6.6.0.18

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  13. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Thanks everbody 6.6.0.18 is what I'm running I have 7 but I uninstalled it.

14. audiofile

audiofile Guest

I can't say anything positive about Nero 7 [​IMG]

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well at the moment I can't say anything positive about Nero support, I emailed them twice and it is a week later and still nothing. Since I can't get 7 to run I will just have to stick with 6. No wonder there are so many posts about Nero on the forums, the support for the program is non-existent.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

To any of you Nero gurus on this thread, here is something strange that is happening and any input would be welcome. I cannot get the Nero encoder to work on its own it freezes. The last time I had the program in I got it to work once after using Nero Recode. This time I can get it to work if I use the IMTOO Audio Encoder program first. If I encode a song with IMTOO close then open Nero the encoder will work. If I close out Nero and try again it won't. Go back to IMTOO encode then open Nero it works. Any ideas on what this means? Considering I had the program in the computer all by itself after a reformat and this problem happens, so it cannot be a conflict with another program because there were none. I would say it was just another Nero bug, but it really does not matter what version is in. Is it something leftover in the registry even after a reformat that can cause this problem?

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

with nero 6.6.0.18 ive used it alot this weekend and have found that it remembers movies you have allready transcoded... i redid poseidn and it didnt have to transcode or should i say analize it again . took half the time it did the very first time.am i right in this thinking or was i just not paying attention the first time i did it???

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes it has an analysis cache the same as Shrink. You can go in and clean it out every once in awhile if you want to.

19. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I think I have Version 6.6.0.16 ?

20. binkie7

@arniebear
    No guru here by far - but your problems sounds like a royal pain in the a**. You're probably right on the registry bit even after a reformat. Wish I knew the answer for you!
    Don't know if you had 7 on that PC but one thing I did notice - more with 7 was all the crap it left in the registry - even with their clean tool. No reformats on this pc done though.

Just an FYI read a post from nero about the upcoming 7.5 version mid Sept - all the great things this one will supposedly finally do. Didn't give much detail but said since all the problems they've had w/ 7 since it came out users will be very happy w/ this one. No charge too ;)
    There were rumors of a Nero 8 (maybe 7.5 was supposed to be it - don't know) but again they said due too all the issues w/ 7 no 8 for some time. My what a shame - lol.

@dabig25
    You could update to 6.6.0.18 - probably the last good version of Nero out right now.