1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6 or oem version ?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by BIGTOXY69, Jan 7, 2007.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

just bought a laptop[ with a dvd burner ! Hurray for me - it came with a Oem version of nero ! I have the version of Nero that came witrh my Benq Dw 1655 burner which if I remember correctly is a full version of Nero 6 disc is marked (Benq DVD re-writer software disc ver.24 = nero suite,nero express ver. 6.6.0.14,nerovision express ver.3.1.0.14,nero showtime ver. 2.0.0.39, incd ver.4.3.12.0 the Oem version is 6.3.1.26 which should I use ? or should I use something else like roxio easy cd& dvd creator 6 platinum or the latest version 9 - which I do not have but could buy ! I realise that this is a nero forum & do not mean any disrespect to the Nero users I am just more familiar with roxio ? I could also buy the latest nero instead? THe laptop will not be my main burning rig but may see occasional use - I also have the usual toolkit of programs - dvd decrypter & dvd decrypter Fab, Dvd shrink & anydvd ect... Right now the laptop/notebook is stick fairly stock win xp home as I have'nt started putting programs in it yet !but plan to soon! decisions, decissions that I hope y'all can help with ? thanx everso much peace !

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey BIGTOXY69
    I would use Nero 6 on the laptop. You can use the serial that came with the BenQ oem and download this version 6.6.0.18
    Package 1
    Package 2 (recode. vision, showtime)

I won't load InCD (it's not included in the packages above).

Nero is pretty user friendly 2 - you'll get the hang of it in no time :)

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

binkie7- okay thanks binkie7 ! so basically I load the #6 version to the laptop /notebook R then go to nero & download Package 1 & package 2 6.6.0.18 - which is an update ? using the serial # off the benq version Correct ? I've used Nero before a few times Just not often ? Will cyper it all out eventuallY But thanx again !

4. binkie7

I would use serial # for the version that gives you the most options in Nero. Looks like the oem BenQ does (?) The serial # is what unlocks the different options.

Check each of them - some oem versions don't have Recode or Vision Express.
    In Nero for burning I use Burning Rom, Express, Recode and Vision.

Yep just download package 1 & 2 from the links above.
    You don't have to have a version already installed - just input the serial # when prompted.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

binkie7- Okay that makes sense ! I'll check it out in the nest few days ! Or may just spring for Nero 7 or whichever version is latest @ BestBuy with Xmas Gift card ! But I think I will try your Idea first then thanks again ! & happy new years !

6. binkie7

Not a problem BIGTOXY69 :)

Watch the sales at Best Buy for Nero - with the rebates and stuff you can get it pretty cheap.

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

binkie7- Okay on the serial # thing the oem disc has a number on the label the #6 version has a number & a barcode on the paper sleeve it came in would theese be the serial numbers - Yeah I'm dumb ! LOL! sad but true ! I'm downloading them both anyways I can always just delete them if it doe'snt work & thanks again

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  8. binkie7

Nah not dumb - each software has their own way of doing serial #'s and where the put them.
    Nero's are sometimes on the paper sleeve.

For Nero 6 they're 24 characters long and begin w/ 1A,1C or 5C. So they would look like this (totally made up # btw)
    1A01-CM01-4455-3333-4444-6666.

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

binkie7-okay So In that case neither number I saw either on the oem version label or on the paper sleeve for version 6 is the serial # 's not long enough ! I downloaded the two links you mentioned but did'nt work with the sleeve for versions 6's number ! But Thanks all the same . I'll Probably just use Nero 6 when I start putting the DVD programs on the laptop- decrypter , anydvd, dvd shrink ect... That 'll get me started & I can decide on what to do from there ! Thanks again & Have a Great year !

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

sorry about Double post ! Pardon!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  11. binkie7

Not a problem BIGTOXY69 :)

I've had some Nero oem's that don't have a # on the sleeve. When I was installing it the serial # was pre populated in the field.
    Might be the case here.

You and look on the cd and see which one gives you more and maybe go that route. Once installed you can check the version # in Nero's product center then use the link to update if needed.

You have a good one too!

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

binkie7- Sounds like a plan Again thanks for the help !The afterdawn.com community is peopled with a real knowledgeable crowd ! and they're friendly & helpful as well ! Like yourself ! I've got to get the notebook out & give it a good charging then wring it out & see what it can do! Thanks for the useful & helpful info ! Once I'm up and running I'll get back to you with what works Good luck & happy New years !!!!! & happy Burning Bye now !