1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 read buffer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Herrlip, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Herrlip

Herrlip Guest

Hello guys
    I have Nero 6 and created all the usual bup and ifo files. When its in the process of burning the litte read buffer box only goes up to 40% - should't it go up to 100%? As when Nero Verifys the DVD - it states it fails, now I am sure I have read about a similar post to this but I can find it. The problem this causes is that the DVD stops and starts a great deal and this would indicate a buffer problem wouldnt it?

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First thing to check is your IDE settings. Go to your device manager and make sure both IDE channels are set to DMA not PIO. If you can't get them to change, remove the IDE channels from the list, re-boot and let Windows reinstall them for you. That usually corrects that problem. Second, make sure nothing in running in the background at startup like Anti Virus programs Etc. Burning a dvd uses most of your system resources so don't do anything else while doing the backup. Don't multi-task, don't surf the web. This may help.

Jerry

3. Herrlip

Herrlip Guest

Thank-you Jerry for your advice

However I am not sure where I fid the channels your mentioning. I went to my computer - control panel - system - System properties - device manager - the nearest thing I can find is Hard disk controllers then sub menu primary ide controller + secondary ide controller

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats the ones to check.

Jerry

5. Herrlip

Herrlip Guest

Yep - just checked both of those files - there is no mention of
    DMA or PIO anywhere when I click on properties. I have Windows ME for my sins
    Maybe its in a diffrent place on this one?
    Any idea's Jerry?

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Its been a while since I used ME but I though the device manager was set up similar. If you right click on either IDE controller(primary or secondary), you should see the properties at the list bottom. Click properties and then advance button and it should show the DMA or PIO mode box. Like I said I can't remember for sure but thats how it is in XP.

Jerry

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

IF I remember right, you might try to open MY COMPUTER, then right click your HD and also your burner drive. I seem to remember it showing if they were set to DMA in that section too, but again I'm not sure. Like I said its been a while.

Jerry