1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 reloaded

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Stewpal, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Stewpal

Stewpal Member

I have purchased a machine that has a dvd reader and a seperate dvd burner. I was under the impression that nero would copy copywritten dvds from my collection, i cant do it, please can someone help at all?????

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey stewpal, nero doesn't take off the copyrights,but you are at the right place to get everything you need to do this and it is all free.Download dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. Just click the links. Dvd shrink and nero is all I use.You might have to have at least the 6.0 version and up. Free guides for these programs are on the tab at top of this page.I take it you have a dvd rom and a separate dvd burner. That is the way I am set up, put orinal in rom drive,blank in dvd-rw drive, 4 or 5 clicks, and bam, the process is started.You may want to start with rw's discs "media" to practice on. Any more info,just come on back. Happy Holidays

3. Stewpal

Stewpal Member

Thats great, I was beginning to think I would never be able to do it. I have nero 6.6 (i think - all the different parts have seperate version numbers) anyway I will sort what you have said and I am sure it will be OK. Thanks for the help. Merry Xmas (did you buy everone DVDs)

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use slysofts' AnyDvd to overcome encryption, macrovision & region code problems. It does cost a few bucks but a lot of people use it & it is a nice little application to have.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Stewpal,
    Seeing how this is your first time I reccomend you go here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html
    Use the guide "Backing up movie with Decrypter and Shrink" these are both free and easy to use. Once you have mastered backing up your movies you can venture out and try other things :)

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey stewy, my friends at work will be having a Jenna Christmas,lol......... After you get through the guides,keep checking out the forums. Many excellent free tools and downloads here just by asking. You can even check out the dvd-r media forum and find out where all the best deals are going on in local stores and on the net. Merry christmas to all

7. plinkykay

plinkykay Member

Hi there,
    I'm new here. i've just bought Nero 6 reloaded and wanted to make some menus for my videos. My question is: is there a way to make sub-menus?
    Like for instance:
    1*film
    2*chapter selection
    3*credits
    4*extras

then a sub menu for the chapter selection....

The only thing i seem to be able to get is just one menu with the different chapters in....
    Ths for ur help

Katie

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  8. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Try the trial of DVD Lab, probably the best cost effective DVD Authoring program you can buy of course that is if you want to buy it !!!!!

Sorry it dont answer your question with Nero, but i only use Nero as a burner as other programs do the other tasks Nero can a lot better.

9. plinkykay

plinkykay Member

thank you so much. I'll try that one...