1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Strange Problem help appreciated

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sjpsam, Dec 18, 2004.

1. sjpsam

sjpsam Guest

Hi

I don't know if anyone can help. I am using nero 6 (nero express) to back up the kids dvd's. I;ve got no problems at all in backing them up. It is afterwards.

I seems to be losing my hard drive space everytime I back up a disc using dvd to dvd copy. Today i backed up a disc and before i started I had 5.8GB of free space, after doing the dvd to dvd copy, I have now got 1.72GB

I have checked the settings in nero to make sure it deletes the file after writing. I have done searches on my computer for tempimage.nrg, I;ve looked in god know how many files for the images but can not find one.

Any suggests as to what is happening with?? or how to sort it??

Thank

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Check you temp files in Documents and Settings/User Name (your name)/Local Settings/Temp.

3. sjpsam

sjpsam Guest

Hi

Thanks

I've looked there is nothing there either, I have just backed up another disc and it has used all the hard drive space again :(

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

When you reboot, does is flush out the files so that you have the hard drive space back again?

BTW, you do need a larger hard drive.

5. sjpsam

sjpsam Guest

nope I tried that too, that doesn't work either :(

yes having another hard drive fitted on tuesday fingers crossed, I have 80 already :(

6. towell

towell Member

Get a temp file cleaning software, becuase it's oviously some temp file on the hdd.

Also you can copy dvd's on the fly, i thingk it's called 'quick copy' in Nero, it then wont put an image into the hdd.

I'm not sure but could it be in your catche?

7. sjpsam

sjpsam Guest

Hi tried all of those, still nothing and it is still doing it!

I've now upgraded to the newer version and it is still doing :(

any other suggestions?? Anyone heard of this happening before?