1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Ultra weird problem.......

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by borat187, May 25, 2006.

1. borat187

borat187 Member

Ok I have been burning files with nero 6 ultra for a few months now, and have had no problems. But today I just started to burn a few movies, and things got strange. When I try to move my vob files over to the spot where they are to be burned there is a musical icon next to the files??(the compilation) I tryed to burn the files but they wont play on my standalone player(they still play on my comp though) These icons have never appeared before. I also noticed when I clicked on the audio ts folder the normal visual vob icons(that I usually see) appear but the size of the files increases so it doesn't fit on to a disc. I have had trouble searching for help on this matter because it is so hard to actually put into words. Any help would be great!!!!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Any chance you might have some type of virus?

You might try checking your file associations, maybe some program changed them for you. Any new software installed lately?

3. borat187

borat187 Member

No virus...The icons are a part of Nero. It's not some foreign born icons. Haven't installed any new software also. I'm just baffled with this, and have no idea what it is? I've checked all my nero settings and they appear to be normal, but the files I burn just can't be played on my standalone's anymore?? But they work on my comp?

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

What would make the size of a file increase? If it was made earlier, perhaps it has become corrupted. If it was just made, maybe some type of encoding problem concerning codecs is happening. Have you checked to make sure you did not accidently change some of your settings?

If you can't find a reason, you might use the clean tool for version 6 and reinstall. I don't use Nero 6 so I can't recommend which one. I have seen several comments about how it used to work and now it doesn't. I always want to ask if they have auto-updates for Windows enabled.

5. borat187

borat187 Member

That's the thing, I can't really pinpoint the exact problem. But all my files(ones ripped, and ones encoded are all like this)I don't think that all my files have become corrupted. I thought this at first, but then ripped another dvd and tried to burn, and the same thing happened. I know it has something to do with my settings, but they all seem fine to me, so I can't figure out exactly what it is. Once again this is an musical icol(a note) that is right before my vob files. I haven't seen it before but it is a part of nero. ANy suggestions on what settings I should have that could be related to this problem. this is the only explanation I have for my files not being able to play on my standalone's anymore, but play on my comp(both ripped and encoded files)

6. borat187

borat187 Member

Ok here is one more thing that is weird. When I burned the disc, and played it in my comp it did not just "play"...the disc produced vob files that I had to click on to play?? So obviously something is going wrong in the burning process(with my settings) I just can't figure it out though??