1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 VCD Burning Problem!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by candiria1, Jan 18, 2004.

1. candiria1

candiria1 Member

Hey, i got nero 6 and when i try to burn an .AVI file (quite a big file 697 mb, but fits onto disk)to VCD, i get to pressing the burn button, then it says 'Runtime error C:/programme files/ahead/nero/nero.exe abnormal programme termination' and it just closes the programme altogether, i have tryed reinstalling it and its just the same problem, which is weird because i have been able to burn VCDs before, if anyone could help i would really appreciate it thanks!!

Matt

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should Totally Drop Nero for Converting your AVI files to VCD because it is well Known that nero is the absolute worst quality Mpeg encoder ever created and I"m sure you don"t want to settle with Creating the worst Quality VCD you possibly Can...firstly Most Full Movies will have to go on at least 2 CD-r"s in VCD Format cuz it doesn"t matter at all how big the AVI file is as the AVI file size has absolutly no influence on how big the VCD File will be ,what matters is how long the File is and you can only get a Max of 75-80 Minutes on a CD-R in VCD Format...You should get an encoder Like "Tmpgenc" or "Mainconcept Encoder" and encode your AVI files to VCD and then you can use Nero to Just Burn the Files to CD-r and tis way the Quality will Be Much better than nero could ever create...Cheers