1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 VCD problem with playing

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mlvc6969, Dec 17, 2003.

1. mlvc6969

mlvc6969 Member

I made a VCD with Nero 6 and when I put it in my DVD player the menu comes up but I am unable to select the videos to play, I checked the disc and the videos are on it. When I make a VCD without the menu it plays fine, what is the problem with the menu?

2. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

First of all, it is not a problem with the menus. It has to do with your DVD player. If your DVD player is unable to select options on menus then you shouldn't bother with menus. Tell me what the name/model of the DVD player is and I might be able to help you out. Also try reading the instruction manual.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

You would Probably be able to select the Video useing the Menu"s if you authored your VCD with a Program that properly supports Scene selection menu"s and Chapters...Something Like "Ulead DVD Movie Factory" will let you add scene selection menu"s and Chapters to your VCD and they will look Much Better than the Nero VCD"s....Cheers

PS: If your DVD Player supports the VCD Specification then it should also be able to select scenes from menu"s but they have to be authored properly...