1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rob3332, Mar 6, 2004.

1. rob3332

rob3332 Member

hi i have just installed nero 6 ultra and cant burn my dvd files? i have backed up my vob's in the usuall way, via smartripper & dvd2one when i use the same way with nero express i get upto clicking the burn button, but nothing happens, and when i search it says no media found? i have tried using the nero rom and clicked burn project and again nothing happens, any ideas??? thanks ......rob

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You should use Nero burning rom (not express). Are you using the DVD video option to drag and drop the files before burning? Does Nero recognise your burner? You can check this by clicking on 'recorder' and then 'check recorder' from the tool bar.

3. rob3332

rob3332 Member

hi yes nero recognises the recorder, but the burn button will not highlight so i cannot click onto it to burn , i have just tried the recode and that would enable me to bur the files, but dont want to keep doing it that way, any more ideas pleas

4. rob3332

rob3332 Member

or i think it recognises it i have checked both my burners are highlighted

5. rob3332

rob3332 Member

also, one last thing, i have just put a blank dvd into drive, and nero says drive is empty

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Have you tried the guides available here?
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

If you were able to use Recode then you should be able to burn with Nero's other applications.

Have you tried this using Burning ROM instead of express? Are you browsing for a VIDEO_TS folder with all your files in it?

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Both burners are highlighted? That doesn't sound right. Having two burners installed is obviously causing some kind of conflict. If you go to 'recorder' from the tool bar only one recorder should be highlighted i.e the burner you are actually going to use for burning. You do this by clicking on it to highlight it and leave the other one. I suggest you check this and try again, otherwise you may have an aspi problem.

8. rob3332

rob3332 Member

i have removed the older cd burner, and still the same problem, i drag my files over. Even trying it with the burning rom, but the only thing that doesnt highlight when touched by the mouse button is burn. i can copy a dvd on the fly by making an image first and also on the fly from my dvd player, but the only time my burn button is highlighted is when i use recode 2.. aaaahhhhh anyone help!!!!

9. rob3332

rob3332 Member

by the way i didnt have any problems with nero 5

10. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Try downloading this - it's safe to do so and then try again. If it still doesn't work then I'd advise to go back to Nero 5.5 or take your Nero 6 software back for a refund/replacement:

http://www.clonecd.net/aspi.htm

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Nero Express works fine for buring DVD's. Do you have more than one burner? If so, when you start Nero Express you must first choose the type of file you want to burn at the top right of Nero. Then another screen will show up. If you have more than one burner you must select your DVD burner from the top right pull down menu. Now an option to burn various files should pop up. Select DVD-video files and you should come to the drag and drop screen, drag and drop or add your files and then burn. If you really want to make it easy rip with DVD Decrypter compress with DVDshring and it will prompt you to burn with Nero ultra or just the regular Nero oem express verion. I used to use smartripper exclusively but it has been years since ther was an update while DVD Decrypter has continued to grow and improve.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
    [/small]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  12. Discmania

Discmania Active member

'Nero Express works fine for buring DVD's'.

I think the point most of us have said is just the opposite although if it works for you that's fine. I think Rob332 has a problem with the actual software - after I installed Nero 6 Ultra the recode and vision express options did not work. I guess the recode might clash with DVD Shrink already on my system but in any case Nero 6 is far from perfect and that's what you invariably get from putting too much into one programme. More the argument for sticking with what you've got if it works for you.

13. rob3332

rob3332 Member

thanks all for the info.. i have tried re installing the aspi from the link, but no better, as i said recode works fine and burning mp3 music with the dvd burner is fine, i have made sure that i am using the right burner. when i go to choose recorder and highlight it it says under SCSI ID 0 with my lite on cd burner it says 1 is this ok? any other ideas please, if not looks like nero 5 is the option again thanks....rob

14. Discmania

Discmania Active member

There are three other options. Try changing the IDE cable, especially if you had both drives on the same one. Also make sure that all the connections are fitted tightly - sounds obvious but believe me the connections can come loose. Also check that the drive is operating in DMA mode. Also try uninstalling Nero 6 completely and then re-installing. The SCSI settings look OK.

15. rob3332

rob3332 Member

thanks again all, i have tried all suggestions, but still no luck, looks like im gonna have to reinstall nero 5, unless anyone has other ideas.....cheers ...rob