1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jtddld, Oct 19, 2004.

1. jtddld

jtddld Guest

I have been trying to make slideshows with music, But most of the time when trying to burn it kicks me out.
    The error log indicates not enough memory. I have 768meg of ram and 25gig on the hard drive. Any suggestions?

jtd

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The capabilities of the PC seem more than enough. What about the slideshow dimension? Are you trying to fit more than 800 MB of stuff on a single disc?
    Sorry, I hate Nero on VCDs and I never used it for slideshows.

3. jtddld

jtddld Guest

The maximum size is 212mb for the photos (8 folders @99 photos each) and 30mb for music. The program also kicks me out for smaller sizes ( 100mb in 4 folders and 50mb in 2 folders) It will work on one folder of 99 photos and 3 songs 90% of the time. When the burn process is loading the photos you can see the system go from a decent rate to a very slow crawl.
    For some reason Nero 6 eats up all of my memory. The error log says that it is looking for 16mb of ram and that there is only 14 mb available.
    I have also tried Roxio 7 and it took 2.5 hours to burn the slide show, gave a menu that was almost unusable and left off the music.

jtd