1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.10 and MOV files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cmaridr, Nov 6, 2007.

1. cmaridr

cmaridr Member

I am trying to make a movie using MOV clips from my camera. I have done this before using an earlier version of Nero 7 and Windows XP Pro. I tried again after upgrading to Vista and Nero 7.10 and encountered the problem. When I add one of the clips to the project, Nero puts a small green box on the clip and it won't play it. Thinking that the problem had something to do with Vista, I pulled it off the computer and went back to XP. Now XP has the same issue. Most other clips play fine and they all play in Showtime. Nero is treating some WMV clips I made with MS Photostory 3 the same way.

Can anyone tell me what the green box on the media clip means? Any ideas on what could be happening? I'm thinking of removing 7.10 and trying an earlier version. TIA

2. cmaridr

cmaridr Member

Well, I don't know what caused the problem with 7.10 but switching back to version 7.5 solved it. I used the Nero cleaning tool to remove the Nero files and a registry cleaner to get rid of anything left in the registry. Then I installed version 7.5.1(?) and things were back to normal... mostly. Nero seems to want to crash upon exiting but I am still able to create the files that I need. I may try a newer version staying short of 7.10.