1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.5.1.1 Released--09/18/2006

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LABOY, Sep 18, 2006.

1. jemaric

jemaric Member

ONLY OLD TIMERS KNOW ABOUT FLIT

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Lol, well I am not that old, but I am old enough :)

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Dang arniebear - Nero 7 sounds cursed for your set up.

I don't think your chipset should matter - the dell? I mean that's a pretty popular pc manufacturer for nero not to work w/.

Download took me less than 55 mins - still too long - longer than normal.

Running an avi through Vision now - so we'll see. Added an mp3 to the menu so that should be interesting :)

You all got me on the FLIT gun Clueless there - guess I'm not old enuf :0)

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Lol, a flit gun is what they used to use to spray bugs, it kind of looked like a tire pump with a bottle underneath.

Well I am into half a loaf is better than none, I got my MP3Pro encoder to work, but the LAME still freezes at the end. It is encoding and the file that is output is complete. It is as if the program cannot shut down. I tried encoding from WaveEditor and the LAME works fine, it is just when I choose it in StartSmart. I emailed Nero again, but they will only tell me to make sure I dl the right Nero, like I am that stupid. NBR burned fine, will continue to test :)

Edit: spoke too soon, the MP3Pro only works if I use WaveEditor first. It is something that is messed in StartSmart cause the encoders work fine in WE and Traxx. At least I am making progress, aargh :eek:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  5. binkie7

Ah gotcha now :)

Progress but what a pain. Not familar w/ SoundTrax or Wave editor.
    I mainly use Recode, Burning Rom, Express, and Vision.
    At least you might finally be getting something for the $ you spent on 7.

The avi turned out fine - no increase or decrease in total time. Did change the default video to standard play to add some mps. Fit to disc still literally fits to disc - doesn't leave much room to add depending on the avi.
    No audio or quality problems.

Now Recode tomorrow!

6. tker

tker Member

I've just burned an avi to a dvd-r and for the first time i set the encoding mode to high quality 2-pass vbr, is this worth doing? does it make a big difference to the quality? cos it took f'in ages.
    I'm used to just leaving it at fast encoding 1 pass and it would be done in like an hour and a half but with the 2 pass vbr it was like 4 hours or something, so is setting it to 2 pass worth the wait?

7. binkie7

Hi tker
    Well if you're fine with the quality in 1 pass - leave it at that. I usually only use 1 pass in Vision. Kinda hard imho to improve the quality of some avi's.
    Big question is do you see enuf of a difference between the 2.
    Can't get to the quality of the original dvd or a decent compressed backed up original.

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Okay Binkie, I'm game, let me fire up the cable modem and download thisbloated beast, OMG! 189 Megs? original was only 100 Megs, Serious bugs present????

9. tker

tker Member

Yeh thats what i was thinking, some avi's are fairly poor anyway it might not be worth the wait.
    Tommorow i will burn the exact same film again but do it in 1 pass mode and compare the 2 discs.

10. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

For those of you looking to download Nero 7.5, head on over to Majorgeeks.com, they have several mirror servers and currently I am running at 97KB/sec.

11. binkie7

@blivetNC
    LOL - 7 has some bigger downloads - all the bloat it has (scout, home) that I don't use. Plus the great BluRay burning - yep I'll be trying that out soon too :0) (not)
    Cable wasn't bad dl'ing - Comcast here - up to 7mbs - we get decent speeds here.

@tker
    Yep - nothing like the dvd quality wise. Let's us know what you think though of the 2 pass vs 1 pass.

edit: tried majorgeeks too blivet - same speed for me. Tried aD's too. - to see if I could speed it up.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  12. remcd

remcd Member

I question the file size ?
    57 meg larger than 7.2.7.0 - must be a lot of Meat & Potatoes !

13. binkie7

Oh yes - here are just some of the 'enhancements' - straight from Nero:
    Nero 7 Ultra Edition ENHANCED - Imagine a product that can simplify all of your multimedia needs and give you the capabilities of a seasoned professional.

The new ENHANCED verson of Nero 7 Ultra Edition offers over 20 applications to manage all of your PC and home entertainment needs as well as new tools to share with friends and take your media with you, anywhere you go. Nero 7 Ultra ENHANCED is truly the only partner you need for today's digital world.

New Highlights in the ENHANCED edition -

* Nero Mobile – Transforms your mobile phone into a mobile media center
    * Nero Sipps – Nero’s VoIP solution offering free PC-to-PC calling
    * Full MP3 and mp3Pro Support
    * Stream Live TV and other content to a Windows® Media Center Edition PC or Xbox 360™
    * Record and burn your favorite TV programs
    * Blu-ray & HD DVD Disc Data Recording & Playback
    * Backup your DVDs & encode your video files to iPod® and PSP™*

Hmmm may have to check out the Nero mobile sometime.

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

The Nero download also includes DirectX 9.0C from Microsoft
    Letme at them bugs, here buggies, here buggies...
    Time to try nEro Recode on a DVD-RW disk, he he he

15. binkie7

Yeah I saw that to - most newer pc's w/ xp at least include DirectX 9.0. I checked Microsoft's site to see why I got that from Nero (since I have the latest)- there was an update to the other one Nero had (in my haste did not right it down) - MS updated it 8/8 (or close to that date) though I would have thought in my updates I would have received it?

Anyhow just updated Nero. Only 1 avi so no real results. Yep RW disc here too - already in full erase process :) It's was fine but no longer need it.
    Now tommorrow is another story :) Recode and Express maybe a mp3 audio conversion.

And blivetnc you find those Letme at them bugs, here buggies, here buggies ROTFLMAO.
    Keeps us posted -if you find any - details pls :) might try to reproduce them on my pc's

16. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

@ Arniebear-I got my MP3Pro encoder to work, but the LAME still freezes at the end. It is encoding and the file that is output is complete. It is as if the program cannot shut down.

Hey Arniebear I have the exact same situation as you do but for me it's the encoding of the DVD's.It seems like it will never finish encoding and copying files.

17. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nero Recode worked fine, movie scanned well, no problems, will try burning an Audio CD next.

18. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Hey Blivet how did you get Recode to work without recoding and copying the files? The problem I have is that after Recode is done encoding it will say Recoding and Copying files please wait. Did you get that message as well? If you didn't what settings do you have recode on to bypass the copying of the files?

19. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

In the meantime gwen just sits back and waits for the logs to come in..I wont be changing until Karen says it's OK. Cheers all.

Now where did I put my Flit spray....yep we also had them here in Aus.

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Ripped the files onto my hard drive first using Ripit4me.
    only took 28 minutes to compress and burn the movie "I'll Always know What You Did Last Summer" 85% compression. Used Default settings.