1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.5.1.1 Released--09/18/2006

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LABOY, Sep 18, 2006.

1. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

all i want from nero is the great Recode2, the 7082 version is perfect. i have no problems with the 7082, i do most of my transcodings with it.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Okay, I have played with everything in this version that I normally use, Recode, Burning ROM, Express, Nero Vision, can't find a bug yet, Binkie and her FLIT gun scared 'em away. No problems yet.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cor, all you brave people with the 78th new Nero 7 update this year :)

(creaky tiptoes away back to 6.6.0.18 - nothing, not even martial law is getting me to budge from that version)

:p

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@creaky

Don't blame you 6.6.0.18 is a workhorse and not as much garbage attached to it. All 7 wants to do is ET Nero, I have turned off more worthless junk.

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

You're right Arnie, I'll probably go back to 6 again, but what the heck, someone has to play test rat on this one eh? Besides, almost time to reformat hard drive again.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  6. ub1

ub1 Member

I downloaded Nero 7.5.1.1 and can not install. Nero keeps telling me that I need DirectX 9.0 installed. I have 9.0b installed. Reinstalled and rebooted, still no luck. Any suggestions?

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

8. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@ ub1

If you have automatic windows update it should have updated to DirectX 9c. If not, check there, it is probably waiting for you to manually download it. BTW, it would be in the "software" section not the "critical Updates" section....

9. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@ poolpro
    To solve your problem concerning "recoding and copying files" , after you click to set your destination and target, go down to the bottom screen and click "More" which will open up more options. Below the little screen where you can set Low to High Priority you will see "ticked" a line about copying to VIDEO_TS folder...."UNTICK" that box...you should be good to go..

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I got the same message and I know I have 9.0c, what the heck is with that I don't know.

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Am I the only person that doesn't have (never had) any issues with Nero Recode?

I'm a "nero-holic" besides ripping and encoding (DVDFAB Decrypter, VobBlanker, DVD-RB Pro + CCE SP 2.70), I used nothing but Nero Recode, Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express, Nero Vision and Nero ShowTime (to watch movies).

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@alkohol, Hello stranger, good to see you posting...it's been a long time. I , thanks to you, changed to Nero7 and have been using version 7.0.8.2 without any problems what so ever so until it "breaks" I will continue to use this version.....come to think of it I dont see too many logs from 7.0.8.2 with unsuccessful burns.

The later versions may have more features but I dont need them.

13. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@gwendolin

Hi there buddy, long time no see. Yep, it sure is good to see you here, not only that but I see you're doing great helping others (newbies). Let me know if you ever needed any helps and or if I can give you a hand. Well, see you around.

By the way, I'm getting this latest version. I'll test/try it all and let you know how it goes. Yes, so far 7.0.8.2 is the best (no bugs).

14. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Thanks LaBoy I'll try that out.

15. rayrou

rayrou Member

Well... First time since 7082, that I can burn an avi file (always the same one of course) with success.
    Also, I burned with success an audio cd (remember them?). And it's not skipping on my livingroom stuff. Since the 7 came I had to burn only MP3 cd's. Not good fot the old Diskman...
    Anyway, looks better (and bigger) than usual that version.
    Good luck

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

No problems so far though I haven't tried the BluRay burn yet :0)

Used Recode several times - the past few versions have been faster from what I've seen - same with Vision. Those apps I haven't had a problem with.
    Faster doesn't always mean better but as far as my eyes can tell the quality is still good.

One problem I had with Nero was in burning rom or express in the earlier versions picking more than 3 copies - would crash or hang after the 2nd burn. According to Nero it was my drive(s) yet those same drives doing the same thing in 6.6.0.18 - not a problem. That was finally fixed in one of the 7.2 (?) versions. Haven't tried that yet so hopefully all is still good.

Yes rayrou still remember the audio cd's :) Still burn them for my car. Had that same skipping problem too burning mp3's to audio cd. That too wasn't a problem for me w/ 6.6.0.18. Bugged Nero on that one too. So far that past 2 versions have been good to go for me there.

17. tker

tker Member

Well i've just been watching a film and i got the audio not syncing to video problem, it didn't start to happen until about 1h 30mins into the film though and usually it would happen a lot sooner. I have never had this problem with nero 6, but every version of 7 that i have tried i get this problem, including 7.0.8.2.
    As for the 2 pass vs 1 pass thing, i compared the 2 discs and the difference is minimal, it's hard to tell if there was any difference at all actually. The quality on both is not brilliant but where one looked a little crappy the other one looked equally bad, so i'm sticking with the 1 pass encoding. Maybe it's worth doing if the avi is extremely high quality or something but i'm not convinced.
    The 2 discs with the same film on didn't have the audio sync problem so i'm gonna burn some more dvd's until i get the problem again and then i'm just gonna go back to nero 6.

18. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

as alkohol and gwendolin, i'm a Recode2 lover and, again, i have not experinced a better version than the 7082.

ps: speaking of Recode2, unless you have a very big screen TV, there is not need to use Rebuilder; that Recode2 is just great.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  19. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

So far 7.5.1.1 is good with me (confirmed). I've transcoded 2 movies 16 Blocks & Proposition with Nero Recode with "Advanced Analysis + HQSR + Assign Best Quality to Main Movie" flawlessly, backup came out perfectly. I've burned 2 times with Nero Burning Rom and once with Nero Express, all successfully burned. Been watching movies via Nero ShowTime, all played awesomely. The only thing I haven't tried is NeroVision because I don't have any AVI files at the moment.

Again, so far I haven't seen/experienced any bugs or failure burned yet. Guess I'm the few that gets lucky. Way to go Nero!!

Good luck to all and enjoy Nero now.

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I've been running Nero 7.5.1.1 and haven't found any bugs yet. I have recoded .avi files with Nerovision without any glitches, so I'm happy with it.