1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.5.9.0 Setup does not work

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by zapatero, Nov 23, 2006.

1. zapatero

zapatero Member

I installed 7.5.9.0 to try it. The Setput process was very slow (about 10-15 minutes) and for many seconds nothing appeared on the screen. I think it was the slowest setup I have ever encountered. I selected only NBR, StartSmart, Vision and Recode to install.
    After successfully burning a CD-R, I entered again the Setup to add BackItUp to the installation - the Setup showed the installed components correctly and installed BackItUp. Slow operation and nothing on the screen for many seconds, like before.
    Then I tried to uninstall BackItUp. After the expected delay, Setup did not show BackItUp installed, nor any of the other components. It seemed that I had not installed anything.
    I tried to uninstall Nero 7 completely from the Setup and from the Control Panel. In both cases an error message appeared indicating that the operation could not be performed.
    I finally was able to uninstall using the General Clean Tool. After running it I checked the Registry for entries related to Nero with Registry First Aid. It found 596 entries (which I deleted manually).
    Back to 6.6.0.18. I installed it in 3 minutes.
    The computer is a Dell 9150, Windows XP SP2.

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I have no problem installing and using Nero 7.5.9.0 -- so far everything (Nero Burning Rom, Express, ShowTime, Recode, Vision, Digital, ToolKit, etc.) is working fine for me.

Regards

3. rayrou

rayrou Member

Same here

4. jackbe

jackbe Guest

Nero 7 does have a lot to load, but you're right about Nero 6.6.0.18. I often have this running on another computer as it's does everything I need. The last version 6 (6.6.1.4) released in Jan never seemed to kick in when using DVD Shrink, so I keep 6.6.0.18 on a USB drive to install on spare computers. I think Nero 7 has finally got it together - I've been trying it since Nov 2005 when 7.0.0.0 arrived. Very buggy and never could get rid of the 2 second gap between songs. Seems OK now and I like the built in Recode for DVD work.

5. adriaense

adriaense Member

For me SOUNDBOX don't work...anybody a solution..
    It locks up when I Start the program.

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You mean Nero SoundTrax? It's working for me, but I never used it. Again, like I said; all I care for is: Nero Burning Rom, Express, Recode/Digital, ShowTime, Vision and InfoTool/CD-DVD Speed.

7. adriaense

adriaense Member

NO I mean SOUNDBOX....

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I don't have Soundbox in my setup, do have SOundtrax, is this perhaps the same program but a different version, like Ultra vs Premium?

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Don't see any SOUNDBOX.

[​IMG]

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Again, SOUNDBOX is no where to be found, unless it's hidden in Nero Home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. adriaense

adriaense Member

12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

That's an internal application via SoundTrax. And yes, mine is working, but I don't see any reason for me to use this program.

13. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Is this what you're looking for? This is incorporated with Nero SoundTrax.

[​IMG]

14. whompus

whompus Active member

Are you talking about scratchbox?
    [​IMG]
    If so it is working for me. It seems to be another gui for soundtrax. If I remember right it is what needed update to version c of directx. Check and see if you need to update directx.

15. someoneth

someoneth Member

i am trying to download the new nero on afterdawn's site. I tried server 1 and 2 and it won't even bring up the download screen. I got server 3 to download, but when i go to run/install it, it gives me an error and won't install it. I JUST did a whole reformat of my harddrive and have hardly anything on here to be interfering with anything, any advice? could someone try downloading the 1st two and see if they work? and see if the 3rd one will run?
    thanks!

16. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

17. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

www.majorgeeks.com worked for me, not as much traffic as the Nero download site.

18. someoneth

someoneth Member

The hippo site worked great . . . question though (dumb I'm sure) but this is just a trial version? Do I have to buy it after the month, I thought I was reading in the forums that nero is free (I know I have an older version that came with my burner, but since i wiped my harddrive, thought I'd start with the newest version instead of updating.

I still have the "welcome to nero" screen open, I haven't off the "activation" yet bcause it says demo in the serial # . . didn't know if i should send it or not Thanks!

19. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

try using the serial number from your older version of Nero.
    It should work.

20. someoneth

someoneth Member

ONE more dumb question if I may!!! the nero disk I have (actually 2 versions one from my new and old burner) don't have the serial numbers on the envelope, they are just in a blank envelope that came in the box with the burner. I obviously don't want to install the old version, but if I put the disk in the reader, is there a way to find the serial number without installing it??

I'm learning (and this website has been a godsend!) but I'm still a little dumb when it comes to some things!

ThanksAgain!