1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.7.5.1 - Audio CD tracks not in order

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by liz630, Feb 18, 2007.

1. liz630

liz630 Member

Hello,

I just upgraded to Nero Ultra 7.7.5.1 from version 6. When I attempt to burn audio CDs using Nero Express, from Start Smart, the program will "analyze" the last track, putting that first, then the subsequent tracks. For example, if I add 12 tracks, it will lay down track 12 first, then 1-11. I have to manually move track 1, which is really track 12, to the bottom. I have contacted Tech Support, with no reply. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, and used the registry clean up tools. I am rather at my wits' end. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Karen

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Reinstalling probably won't help with your situation.

What type if files are you making the audio CD from?

How do you have them named? You may end up having to put some number identifier in front of them to make them stay where you want them.

3. antcasa01

antcasa01 Member

liz630 said: "...For example, if I add 12 tracks, it will lay down track 12 first, then 1-11. I have to manually move track 1, which is really track 12, to the bottom"

I've never met a CD-Audio burning program which did not do this. I always wondered if it was some 'manufacturers' conspiracy' to make ripping and copying just that little bit more time consuming.

There are some programs that when you drag multiple selections in with the mouse always put the one the mouse pointer was over at the top - even if it is in the middle of a multiple selection...if you habitually drag the selected box from the bottom that might be it.

But I don't think you are going to get this behaviour to change....I think it is happening at a lower level than just the program as it happens in so many (all?) audio CD burning programs (though you could write a little windoze macro using a macro recorder and the mouse, so a shortcut key would cause whatever track was at the top to move to the bottom - drag it well, well below the list and let it spring up to the end...that should work in nearly all windows no matter how many tracks you have.....and sorry, I can't point you at a good macro recorder, but you should be able to find something freeware by Googling it). Good luck.

4. liz630

liz630 Member

Thank you both for your replies. Actually, I found a solution.

When selecting the tracks, rather than starting at 1 and doing Shift-Control-End, I start at 12 (or the last track), and select going backwards.

Don't know why that is, but it is ;-)

Karen