1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.9.6 Burning to slow?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Kinglion, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

Ok, after I convert a .avi file with WinAvi to DVD I ALWAYS burn with Nero with the "Burn image to disc" then cancel and select DVD video files....toss the .vob files and anything else from the conversion and burn to a disc (DVD-R) it usually takes about 8-9 minutes to burn a 4.5 GB disc at 6x speed with SONY DRU 720A 16x DL burner. Lately it's been taking 32 minutes!!!!!!! WTF!?!??!?! I checked as many settings as I could and could not see anything that I could change to make it faster.

I have everything hooked up write and when I tried to burn at the full 16x with my burner the disc failed and I am using Sony DVD-R discs!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there any other program to try to see if it takes this long to burn .vob files just to make sure it isnt just Nero then if it is then I could narrow it down to the burner

2. killalot

killalot Active member

Why are you choosing Burn image to disc then cancel and then selecting DVD video files
    I just run Nero burning rom DVD video DVD new then just ad the vob files to the compilation then burn cant think of the top of my head what other programs burn vob files let you know when I remember doesn’t DVD fab sure it does

3. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

I dont know why I do it I just always have and really dont like "Burning Rom" for whatever reason. But the way I do it works also. I tested burning at 16x speed last night and it took 32 minutes and 58 seconds...any suggestions

4. killalot

killalot Active member

If you can post a Nero log might help and same question always asked what brand of disk are they if Nero doesn’t see them as 6x speed it will burn at the slowest DVD standard speed

5. killalot

killalot Active member

Just noticed Sony disk a lot of people don’t rate them

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

Dude!!! Excellent, I will be saving this pdf file and it did work so thanks

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem glad to see you got it sorted out :)