1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 - Audio fade in and out on DVD? Not possible?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Preppy95, May 1, 2007.

1. Preppy95

Preppy95 Member

Hi guys, please forgive me if this has been covered before but I searched the forums and read the stickys and I have not found anything on it. I recently finished a very long, intense project using Windows Intervideo DVD and just as I'm almost complete it says "out of memory". This made me try out Nero 7 trail version and I LOVE IT!!! EXCEPT....

How do I filter audio? Meaning, how can I have music fade in and out at a certain point in the movie? This is a very important feature and if it is possible I will purchase Nero, if not I will need to keep looking.

If there is no audio option for this, please point me toward the very best DVD creator currently available. I would like one that is easy to use with lots of nice transition, text, audio, and video filters and options. Thank you all for your help!!!

A newb.

2. Bald3agle

Bald3agle Member

I wanted to do this but it seems Nero doesn't support audio manipulation (ie fade in /out). All I have done is calculate how long I need the audio to last for and edit the mp3 track in SoundForge before inserting the file in my movie. This is a real pain if you are making a big production as you need to lower sound when talking kicks in and then resume volume for scenery etc. Nero should do something about it as it lets down an otherwise great package,unless someone knows a way round this. Judging from your lack of replies I think I am right though and it is a major flaw.

3. ThePrep95

ThePrep95 Member

Exactly. I can't believe Nero has been around this long and this feature is ignored. All you Nero heads should be pressing them to do something about this instead of ignoring the question. I'm using Audacity to fade in/out but it sure is a hassle. Nero is nearly flawless, but this is a BIG flaw.