1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 avi to dvd audio delay. anyone else?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Kiriyama, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Kiriyama

Kiriyama Member

so ive tryed burning these same avi files to disc about 10 times now, each time taking the entire three hours to convert and burn. yet everytime i go to test them, they get 30 minutes into the the file and the audio starts slipping and gets progressively worse. i tried searching but nothing came up but i am aware of others having this problem, yet i have yet to see a solutio0n. i have nero 7, LG GSA-H22L lightscribe DVD burner (i have yet to find any firmware available for this burner) it burns at 18x but ive been using 4x just cause im tired of blowing through dvd-rs. the avi files are encoded with ac3 5.1 sound if that helps. is it possible the files have a conflict with the new nero? im getting just a little frustrated so any help is much appreciated.

on a side not i have not logged into this forum in years. i was really surprised i was still in the database when i requested my password...its good to see it thriving so well.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

have you viewed the avi files before you started to burn them? thereis a program that can fix out of sync files it is called virtaldub, that might help

3. Kiriyama

Kiriyama Member

yes i have watched the avi files and the audio is fine when played on windows media player.

4. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

I would suggest converting the avi file and save the dvd format onto your hard drive. Play those files and see if there is a delay in audio. If not, then go and proceed to burn it onto a dvd. Make sure you user good quality media such as Taiyo Yuden and Verbatims. And burn them at 4x-8x.

5. Kiriyama

Kiriyama Member

ive read on other forums about the issue im having and they all seem to say the same thing about "converting AVIs." however they never seem to specify how or what to convert the AVIs to. is there a certain program i should use? what should i convert the AVIs to? mpeg?

6. nasayin

nasayin Regular member