1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Essentials CD freezes computer

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mrdatabob, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mrdatabob

mrdatabob Member

I just purchased a Liteon DVD Writer.
    It came with Nero 7 essentials on CD.

The drive is viewable in CMOS and in Windows explorer. I can stick another CD in the drive and I can read the CD just fine.

When I stick the Nero Essentials 7 CD in the drive, everything goes haywire. For the first five times I tried to view the Nero 7 CD the computer froze. Finally it saw the CD and took me to the installation screen and then froze.

If I remove the Nero CD everything works fine. For example, if I eject the Nero CD my computer stops freaking out.

Any other CD doesn't cause any trouble. I have isolated that the Nero 7 CD is my problem child. So I stuck in my other CD drive (my 2 year old drive, not my new one) and it froze the computer as well.

Has anyone ever seen such a strange problem?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

It may just be a bad disk that the OS is having trouble coping with. Essentials isn't worth very much any way. It's totally crippled. Call Liteon and see if they'll send you another disk. In the meantime, download the 30-day fully functional full version of Nero at nero.com. Also there's free software that will do many of Nero's functions.