1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Essentials - Help with Grayed out Option

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Mgoblue44, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Mgoblue44

Mgoblue44 Guest

'Make your own DVD-Video'option is grayed out and will not let me select it. It is the only option that is grayed out. I bought the Software in Jan. 07 and option was OK then.

Thank you.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Try doing a clean install - have your serial # handy.
    Uninstall Nero - run the clean tool.
    Reboot - run a registry cleaner like the free ccleaner - use the issues and cleaner options.
    Reinstall Nero - here's the latest - 7.8.5.0.
    When it get to the part about the serial # if one is there check and make sure it's the same as the one you purchased.
    if not enter the one you purchased.

Reboot and see if the option is back.

3. Mgoblue44

Mgoblue44 Guest

Thank you very much for your advise, it is well appreciated. I will try that. I may have trouble since my software was bundled with the burner I bought and can't seem to locate a serial #. I will check with my retailer, thank you again. I will advise.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you click on the FLAME in StartSmart it will reveal your serial number.

5. Mgoblue44

Mgoblue44 Guest

Thank you much for your help, I followed all those steps and it worked. I do however get a message saying that it is only a 30 day trial. Is it possible that Nero would only bundle trial software with a brand new DVD burner ?

Gwendolin - That did indeed reveal my serial number. Thank you for your time.

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Usually the bundled Nero software w/ the burner is an oem version and while it's not a demo you may not have all the apps available like Vision. Just depends.

Check the serial # - sounds like it just has the demo # from the new install.

Click on the flame again then go to license. Check this # - see if it's the same one you wrote done before you uninstalled. If it's not click add then add your number. Highlight the demo one (wrong one) and click remove.