1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 has messed up my audio cd's and now 6 not working either!!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by morsonad, Nov 17, 2005.

1. LOLOL1

LOLOL1 Member

Thankyou very much Logan1981 you are a star , that worked perfectly (I only had version 2.0.0.11 in my nero6 but works just the same), so nero7 is no good then for burning mp3 to audio as it is , I do hope Nero are aware and fix the issue because I imagine there will be a lot of people burning jumpy cds without even knowing it because they dont check them.

2. morsonad

morsonad Member

Just to confirm another success story regarding changing the .dll file, no more skipping audio discs for me either now.

Cheers

3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Nero screwed up their MP3 decoder handling (MP3/MP3Pro) thats why you get the audio skips on audio cds. Ahead is working on fixing it sooner or later (uh huh righhhtttt). In the mean time, you gotta use the swapping the MP3PRO.dll method to 'fix' the problem. Whilst it works, the dll was designed and written for Nero 6.x not Nero 7, but Nero 7 will use it anyway. When Ahead finally (or should I say ever) gets around to releasing an officall fix, make sure you put the original MP3PRO.dll back just to be on the safe side when applying the fix/update

4. jemaric

jemaric Member

lets face it nero 7 is junk they knew it was flawed & they still sold it thats why they have live tech support

5. henryting

henryting Regular member

Hi,
    Nero 7 has many bugs in it and yet they still sold it. I think they have to let everyone knows about it instead of keeping it in the dark. An at the same time, they should improvise on their software.
    As I said before in this forum sometime ago, dont install nero 7 stick to nero 6.0.6.18 is the best until they come out with a solution that nero 7 bugs have been fixed. Nero 7 crashed with dvd shrink and got problems when you are recording cd. Come on Mr. Shrink please fix the nero 7 to be fair for those who have faith buying your nero 7 software.

6. Jonaz88

Jonaz88 Member

AARGHH!! My nero 6 worked prefect when burning audio cds, now I installed Nero 7, it's full with bugs and hangs up, now my audio cd's dont work, I've burned like 6 different. When I went back to Nero 6 I still have the problem!! fusking nero 7, it opens the gates to HELL!!!

7. henryting

henryting Regular member

8. Jonaz88

Jonaz88 Member

Hmm okay I was a little mad yesterday. Maybe I should explain my problem again :D I just bought a new computer and I'm running Windows x64. It doesn't matter what program I'm burning my audio cd's with, they don't work in my old cd player, but they work on my computer as any other audio cd. And on my other cd player they work but it takes like 5-7 seconds to load every track. I'm not sure if it's Nero 7 that messed the computer, cause I don't think I've burned audio cd's with this computer since a few days ago. All other burned cd's work on my cd player. Can it be the the burner? I have an DVD+-RW DL 16X, GSA-4167RBB. I also tried to burn at 8x speed. But there's no skipping on my cds. So I've also tried burning with a program called Express Burn, but I just get audio cds that dont play. I'm sure that my CD-Rs are fine. Does anyone know something about this? I tried to search on google but I didn't find anything.

9. B00KANEAR

B00KANEAR Member

Some CD Players don't like certain makes of media. I had the same problems with a Kenwoods seperates system and eventually found media that worked.

What media are you using? and have you tried using other media?

10. Jonaz88

Jonaz88 Member

Hmm what do you mean by media? It doesn't matter if I burn wav or mp3'z to the disc. And I always choose to burn an audio cd.

11. B00KANEAR

B00KANEAR Member

Could be Nero 7. I installed it but have reverted back to the old one as too many bugs in it. Had to do a complete clean of every Nero program 1st and works perfect again.

Media meaning, have you changed the make of CD-R's recently that you use?

12. Jonaz88

Jonaz88 Member

Hmm well right now I'm using some new TDK CD-Rs... I never use a particular brand or something, but other TDKs that I haven't burned with this computer play on my cd player. Is it possible that by installing nero 7 it does something to the whole system, so it doesn't matter which program I'm burning with, I get the same result. Cause I put Nero 6 back yesterday, but I get the same results, I even changed the mp3PRO.DLL to 2.0.0.8 even though I had no problems with skipping. Or then of course if it's the whole damn burner, but I've burned DVDs, data CDs and stuff and they've worked just fine.

13. B00KANEAR

B00KANEAR Member

Hmmm Odd. I also use TDK CD-R's(Light Blue Top) with the GSA-4167b.

I would uninstall Nero run all of the Nero Cleaners. Uninstall the burner.

Reboot the PC then it should re-install the IDE Drivers and ensure DMA is enabled on Drive, then re-install Nero without INCD.

And go from there.

14. Jonaz88

Jonaz88 Member

Hmm interesting :p Are you using Windows x64 as well? And have you tried the audio cds on other players than the computer? Otherwise I think I'll follow your advice and reinstall all the stuff. And in nero, do you choose any special options when burning in nero? I choose audio cd and choose not to write text on the cd. And Discspace strategy, whatever that is?

15. B00KANEAR

B00KANEAR Member

I have a 32bit PC and add text as it then displays across my hi-fi control panel. Audio CD will still play on a non txt display system.

No special features. Maybe the tracks you have added have a gap at the end and you could tick the No Pause box to remove the additonal 2second gap nero adds between gaps.

Have no idea what disc strategy is.