1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 installation problems w/ Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Sgt_USMC, Feb 11, 2007.

1. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Well I just recently received an email from Nero.as below.

[​IMG]

2. ggunit256

ggunit256 Guest

yo i got a problem, does norton antivirus 2006 support windows vista? and does the windows vista beta 2 version expire? and if how long? pllllsssssss help mee!!!!!!!!!11

3. dvdcon

dvdcon Member

Norton 2006 will not work in Vista. Only 2007 does, 2006 customer have wait until Symantec releases update, but I would never install any 2006 versions on Vista even they say it's compatible.

That's same for Nero and any other apps that require drivers that work with Vista kernel.

Vista beta was officially over November 2006. During Oct-Nov 2006 MS launched Vista beta2 or aka candidate version and soon they have launched full Vista during end of Nov 2006.

4. smotto

smotto Member

Hi,

I have Norton Internet Security 2007 installed on my Vista Business Full Version and it seems to work fine. I believe I did have to go to their website and download an update for installation though...this seems to be par for the course for any software that claims it is "Vista compatible" and I'm sure it will continue for many more months :)

5. gara56

gara56 Member

You left out the fine print! Of all the programs that come with this suite--only Nero Express 7 and Nero Burning ROM 7 are certified for Vista.

6. pbergan

pbergan Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
    After reading all of your posts, I got Nero 7 UE to install on Vista Home Premium (64 bit).

After several attempts to install from cd and then trial download, here is what worked for me:

- Ran the general clean tool referenced by Saltgrass, got a few errors with this but ignored them.
    - Rebooted
    - Right Clicked on trail (7.7.5 downloaded earlier) and selected "run as administrator".
    - Everything worked good.

Thanks again to all posting.

7. bratcher

bratcher Active member

You mean we can't copy, backup, rip movies & music with Vista at all? Not even with Decrypter & ImgBurn? Is that for real? If so then I'll have to build a new machine for Vista & keep an XP machine too!!

8. smotto

smotto Member

I have Vista and I currently use Decrypter, DvdShrink, and ImgBurn without any problems...you may want to try changing the program settings to XP compatible as this usually helps and running the program as administrator. I've gotten many programs to work this way, even ones that don't state they are Vista compatible :)

9. bratcher

bratcher Active member

You've got Decrypter working properly on Vista? Did you have to run it in XP compatability mode? I haven't installed Vista yet which is why I'm asking. If it works then great! If not then I'll have to keep XP on one of my 2 computers...

10. smotto

smotto Member

Yes, I have DVDFab Decrypter 3 (the free version) downloaded and it works fine. I checked and I do have it running in XP Service Pack2 compat mode. If you check this off under the Compatibility tag in Properties, it should work for you :) Hope this helps!!

11. smotto

smotto Member

Also, Bratcher, I don't know if you know this, but Vista Home Premium ed. comes with built-in burning software. I have the Home Business version so mine doesn't have it, but apparently it works quite well. You may want to keep this in mind if you haven't purchased your upgrade yet :)

12. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I bought my updrade last week when Microcenter (has a store near me) had a sale. Haven't installed it yet. Yes I know about Vista'a burning capability however I prefer to use Imgburn & Nero Burnig Rom. They both work great & Nero runs under Vista!!

13. smotto

smotto Member

I'm with you...I prefer ImgBurn & Nero too. That's why I wasn't too concerned that Vista Business didn't come with the built in burning software. Unfotunately, I had some sort of driver complication that I couldn't get figured out with my Nero so I now rely on ImgBurn on my Vista and still use Nero on my other XP comp :) Nero is still my all-time fav though...

14. djwest

djwest Member

I just purchased Nero 7 Essentials on E Bay and they said it is compatable with Vista and it isn't, while trying to install it gave me an error message and said to go to Nero to get the upgrade to install (it took over 4 hours with a cable modem to download-with my anti virus turned off) and it won't let me install it saying that it is up to the adminstrater and under Nero properties it shows that I'm the adminstrater!!
    Vista won't let me delete in the control panel and I downloaded the Nero clean tool and Vista won't let me run it (it has been unzipped and ready to run but won't)

15. smotto

smotto Member

Djwest,

I had the exact same problem with Nero when I tried to re-install after upgrading to Vista. You will have to completely delete everything Nero on your system and do a clean install. The clean tool did not work for me either with Vista. To see the steps I used to override the ownership of the program so that I was authorized to delete it please see earlier in this thread. After completely deleting, re-download. Before installing, right click on icon and go to properties where you can check off "Run in XP compat mode" and "Run as Administrator" under the Compatibility Tab.

I still had burning issues with Nero even after so I have since (sadly) reverted to using DvdShrink, Fab & ImgBurn until Ahead works out the kinks...

smotto