1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 not opening

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mcintire, Jul 7, 2007.

1. mcintire

mcintire Member

I upgraded to nero 7 ultra. Most of the time I click on the Nero Smart Start icon it won't open and when it does it takes a long time. Usually the little hour glass or cirlce for me on vista comes up for a second like it's trying to open then just quits. Any ideas. I've unistalled it using the clean tool and did a fresh inst I feel like I paid for a program that doesn't really work. Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try booting into safe mode and start Nero.
    See if there is a difference.
    If there is, I would guess that one of the startup programs is the cause.

3. mcintire

mcintire Member

I rebooted in safe mode and nero still doesn't work. When I downloaded nero I used the General Clean Tool and then upgraded to nero 7 ultra. Anymore ideas? I guess if nothing else I call nero Monday. Thanks again.

4. attar

attar Senior member

It's not one of those deals where Vista makes you right click on the file and 'Run as..' and you have to select 'Administrator'?

5. mcintire

mcintire Member

I tried that a few days ago and it didn't work. I just now rebooted in normal mode and booting in safe mode. After I booted in normal again 2 programs I had been having problems w/ now have now have the administrative icon over (looks like a colorful shield) them which they didn't have before. I'll let you know in a day or so if this fixed the problem but has opened the first two times I've tried. It has opened before all this but very rarely. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

6. mcintire

mcintire Member

Nero still will not open. I have it set to run as administrator and in XP compatibility mode. I just don't get it. Please help. Thanks.

7. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

are you refering to the new update, Nero7.10.1.0?. If yes, i've been having the same problem with it.

I've re-insalled it twice and still have the same problem. So, i've gone back to Nero7.9.6.0

8. mcintire

mcintire Member

Yes I'm using the newest version. Where can I download that version? Do you know if it works with vista? thanks

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  10. mcintire

mcintire Member

I unistalled the newest nero version and ran the clean tool. Then downloaded the 7.5.9.0 version which seems to be working fine. I'll let you know if it starts acting up again.