1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 power calibration tests 999 times on the outside of dvd.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rafaelvel, Jan 27, 2007.

1. rafaelvel

rafaelvel Member

I know I reached my 999 power calibration tests and thats why I'm getting the power calibration failure. Here is how it goes down. I start nero recode 2 and import a movie. I always use Imation DVD+R disc and I burn with a Sony DW-D22A (BSF2).My comp. is a Sony VGC-RB30. and I always burn at a real slow speed for the best burn either 6X or slower. The movie reads and previews in the small window well but when I insert my empty disc BAM!! power calibration failure...but heres the kicker, on maximum speed(16X or 8X) they come out fine, but they don't play on my apex dvd player like they used to before the errors...is there a way I can delete the Power calibration test log so I won't have 999 anymore and I can Start fresh???? I've totally Rebooted my computer before lost all my movies on there and everything but my burns worked after that for like six months..here we are again and I don't want to lose all my info again. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

rafaelvel,
    That error is usually caused by the blank media not being compatible w/ the burner's firmware. Since that burner is old it might be time to retire it and put another burner in as you can get a good one for $40.00 and up. I do not think there is a way to delete that part of the Nero test unless you know how to reverse engineer the program. I think it would be quicker to buy another burner as yours is a re badged Liteon SOHW-1633S