1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 premium "out of sync" issues

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by tonytee, Apr 27, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm that's interesting - I think I'm going to have to try that - reinstall Nero w/o Showtime and see if it does the trick on my end.
    Txs for that!!

2. advent

advent Guest

If your going to use ConvertXtoDVD i find that you get better results
    if you burn with CopyToDVD-also from VSO.
    I'm amazed that people still use Nero- its always been problamatic and
    v7 is bloated rubbish and why anyone would downgrade to vista is
    beyond me.
    I've lost count of the number of people who have bought a new desktop
    or laptop and had vista taken off and had XP installed; one person even
    asked to have 2000 Pro installed ( good o/s ).
    You can tell there's a problem when people like Dell offer you a choice
    between vista or xp.
    The way to go is XP Pro "lite"

3. binkie7

I like ConvertX but I use Nero or ImgBurn to burn the files - just my preference.
    There are something in Vision though that ConvertX can't do - like when doing clips and putting in transitions, music and animation w/ menus etc. Just depends on what you what to use it for.

I tried uninstalling Nero - doing a clean install w/o Showtime but it didn't work for me (running xp) in one that Nero 7 has audio sync issues.
    Now taking the same file and using Nero 6 - Vision 3.1.0.21 - no problems w/ audio sync at all.

4. nekocj

nekocj Guest

ah, sorry that didn't work for you. Who knows what it could be about? Oh well I'm glad it worked for me though.

Why would I "downgrade" to Vista? Hmm well for one thing I wanted a 64 bit OS to go along with my new 64 bit system and Vista 64 was cheaper than xp 64 ^_^ simple as that :p

-CJ

5. GPK5050

GPK5050 Member

Hi all..

I had exactly the same problem when burining avi files to DVD. The video was in slow motion, but the audio was fine.

But I was able to fix it!

I was using the latest upgrade to Nero (7.8--- and 7.9---) and both of them would not work. So I uninstalled them and reinstalled back to the original program (7.0---) and poof, the video was in sync and perfect!! This version of Nero has NeroVision 3 in it. So I'm guessing NeroVision 4 is the culprit!

Good luck!

Greg

6. nekocj

nekocj Guest

Eh my problem was Nero Showtime 3 causing problems. I wish I could just reinstall Nero Showtime 2 but I can't cause I have all the other parts of Nero 7 already installed. Oh well. I'm using the latest DivX and it is working just fine ^_^ I couldn't use media player or DivX or anything else as long as Showtime 3 was installed because they would all run out of sync. Once I uninstalled Showtime 3 though I can use any video player and it works fine while still having the burn capabilities and what not of Nero 7. I'm happy for now until they get their act together ^_^ Best of luck to anyone else having this problem.

-CJ

7. binkie7

No biggie for your suggestion not working for me nekocj. May for someone else.
    I use ConvertX too so no worries :) Doesn't happen on all files (yet :))
    Funny thing was 1 played the same file on 2 pcs - both monitors next to each other. 1 pc running Vision 3.1.0.21 the other the latest 7.
    Pretty funny to watch Showtime in the version of 6 play it perfectly while 7 the audio was was off.

8. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

Here's a link to what I did to fix this issue:

Click Here

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  9. wmosner

wmosner Member

I am running XP and had same sync issues, went back to Burning Rom 7.0.1.3, Showtime 2.1.0.11 and Recode2 2.2.26 and sync issues went away. I believe these might be the original files on my issue of Nero 7 Ultra Edition but not sure.

10. wmosner

wmosner Member

should have been 2.2.7.6 for Recode2

11. nekocj

nekocj Guest

Yes!! It worked! I reinstalled all of Nero 7 including showtime and used Sonnet79's fix and it worked! You da man Sonnet! Thank you so much. Everyone having this problem should definitely try it!

-CJ

12. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

Glad to help Buddy!

S79

13. binkie7

Yes tks Sonnet79!.
    I might try those files from Nero 6 and see what happens over the weekend.
    I went down to a 7.5 version & still audio sync issues for certain files. Got sick of the uninstalling bit so just went back to the latest on that pc.
    I'll send this info to Nero and see if it gets anywhere :)

14. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

Sorry, I didn't really make it clear before. The files I've uploaded were taken from v7.0.0.

I know just where you're coming from binkie! I've uninstalled and reinstalled all version of nero I have, so many times these past few weeks, it almost brought me to tears!

S79

15. binkie7

@sonnet79 - it was me who wasn't clear :)
    I was just to try the those files from Nero 6 for the hell of it. Though now that I think about it may just do the ones from 7.
    Just a little sick of trying workarounds :)

16. gdw35

gdw35 Member

Hi

Am am running Nero 7 Premium on Vista (V7.9.6.0) and had the same problem of all DVD's burnt having the sound go out of synch with the video.

I contacted Nero tech support about the issue and nearly fell over when I got a response within 20 minutes. The response actually came before the automated response.

Anyway, they gave me a solution that I have tested and it works.

Here are the details of what they sent me:
    The problem is caused by a faulty key in your registry.

For solving the problem you simply have to delete this key and then try to install Nero 7 again. Please proceed exactly like this for deleting the key:
    - Open your registry and search for the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5c8b9aa0-febc-11d9-8cd6-0800200c9a66}
    Please rightclick this key. A context menĂ¼ will now open. Please click on "Permissions". In the upcoming dialog: Please select now "Everyone"(can be found the top part of the dialog).
    - Now set the following permission to this key: "Full Control"
    ("Read" will then automatically be permitted.)
    - After that please delete this key
    - After that please install Nero 7 again

The problem should be solved now.

I hope this helps a few of you out.

17. binkie7

Hi gdw35
    Txs for that tip!!
    I kinda surprised Nero gave such a 'technical' explanation.
    I wonder if this will work w/ XP too.
    I'll try and give it a go this weekend. Though not all are out of sync on my end.
    One question -do they want you to uninstall 1st then do this the registry bit?

@sonnet79
    Yep your fix worked! Played a file in Showtime - audio off changed these files and viola audio was in sync. Used Vision and all was good.

18. nekocj

nekocj Guest

hmmm I haven't tried burning a DVD yet but I'm going to save GDW35's tip somewhere just in case that comes up when I do burn something. Thanks for that tip by the way! I'm also impressed with Nero's timely responce. I STILL haven't heard back from them when I contacted them and that was a week ago.

-CJ

19. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

Very nice tip gdw35, I'll be giving this a try very soon.

S79

20. binkie7

I looked for that key in the registry and couldn't find it. May be a Vista thing? But obviously it must be a big known problem by Nero for them to respond so fast - amazing!