1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 problems - categories are missing in Nero StartSmart

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lukepw, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lukepw

lukepw Guest

HI,

WinXPSP2

I had Nero 7 ultra edition installed on this machine and when I tried to upgrade to the enhanced version, I got error messages stating "... missing files" Don't remember what is said exactly so I uninstall Nero 7, rebooted and reinstalled Nero 7. No problems there except now all the categories are missing except for the manual in SmartStart...

Please help,

L.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  3. lukepw

lukepw Guest

Thanks will try that.
    On another issue. I'm using AnyDVD latest version with Nero Recode 2. When I put in a DVD to backup, AnyDVD removes the protection then Nero Recode works fine. But if I redo the same actions with another DVD, Recode tells me it's copyrighted. I then have to reboot the PC to be able to recode this DVD. Is there a Cache or something that should be emptied. Have you ever run into this before?

Thanks for your help.

L.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you don't have to turn off AnyDVD..... just take out the old DVD and then insert the new one..... the Red Fox in the task bar goes from red to light red to red again which shows that AnyDVD broke the encryptions of that DVD! If it's not doing this then you get the "copyrighted" error in Recode! just wait for AnyDVD to do it's job....

5. lukepw

lukepw Guest

that is what I do. I do see the fox go from white to red and it still gives me the error in Recode...

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what versions of AnyDVD do you have? maybe you need to update your AnyDVD!