1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 SUPER SLOW OPENING MENU, checks floppy.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by xeonox, Feb 8, 2007.

1. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

I got the latest Nero-7.7.5.1 and it seems when i put a disc inside and open nero to make a new compilation, right after i click new compilation, Nero seems to take like 10 seconds and sometimes more just to open the next window. It also seems as if it checks the floppy drive in that time. is there a way to stop this?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

It takes Nero a few seconds to read the disc. 10 seconds is not bad. I don't know about checking your floppy... Does the floppy drive make noise or?

I'd like to see your last Nero log file just to look things over though. For example, do you have DMA enabled? Is your firmware up to date?

Nero 7 default log locations...
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core\NeroHistory.log

Newer Nero 7 versions (like mine) are saved in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Ahead\Nero Burning ROM

Be sure to remove your Nero serial number and post just one entire log.

3. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

if i use nero 6 the same screen opens in about 1 second and doesnt check floppy.

and to answer your questiion, Yes my floppy will make a noise on the same screen in version 7 of nero. 10 seconds is good timing for nero 7 on my machine, normally it takes longer time!!!!

4. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

if i use nero 6 the same screen opens in about 1 second and doesnt check floppy.

and to answer your questiion, Yes my floppy will make a noise on the same screen in version 7 of nero. 10 seconds is good timing for nero 7 on my machine, normally it takes longer time!!!!

5. xeonox

xeonox Regular member