1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Ultra Edition--AVI burn Help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bhavin, Jun 2, 2007.

1. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

Interesting. Do I have to take out the old one and put in the new one or can I get like an external burner?

And I wont be able to do the recode right?

Thanks again.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sure you can get an external. Or just take out this drive and replace it with a new one - very easy. And if you have another connection on the ide cable leave the Pioneer in there as a reader and connected the new drive to burn.

How old is the pc (just wondering cause of the age of the pioneer) - do you have 2.0 usb ports? Need those for an external.

No you should be able to do the recode - actually some of the new drives come w/ Nero 7 Essentials so you might get a new Nero with more applications.

3. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

Its that simple? Take in, take out? No problems with the size and the wiring or anything?

The PC is about 2-3 years old, I forget. Yes, I do have 2 USB ports.

How can I do the recode? It isnt working for some reason, I thought it was just the slow burner.

4. binkie7

Yes it really is that easy.

Just power off the pc - open the case - unscrew the drive from the frame you are taking out (if you are taking 1 out)- unplug from power connector and ide connection.
    Set the jumper pin on the back of the new drive to match which ide connection it's on - master or slave.
    Now put new drive in place and hook up to power and ide connections.
    Screw in and put the case back on.
    Power up - windows will detect it as new hardware and do it's little install thing. Viola done!

What's happening with Recode?

edit - typos think I got them all :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  5. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

It just doesnt work. It wont load on the DVD players even though the computer reads it.

6. binkie7

Oh the discs that it burned - gotcha. Neither player plays them but the burner does.

Ok - I'm leaning towards the drive.
    But give divxtodvd a try. Just to make sure it's not a pal/ntsc thing though them not loading this may not be the case. But can't hurt to try.
    This program will convert them to a dvd compliant video. Save to the hard drive then burn the video_ts folder w/ Nero.

7. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

It is no longer free. =[ I am trying it with the watermark thing.

Anything I can do to tweak things in Nero?

Edit: Wow, I just found vision, and am using it to "Make a Movie" Hopefully this works. Does the priority matter?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  8. binkie7

You can just leave the priority at normal the default setting.

If you get a message at the last screen saying something like 'this file contains more PAL than NTSC (or vice versa) would you like to keep the PAL format' click 'no' and Vision will convert to the format you're in.

Hmmm if you click on the hyperlink above for divx2dvd you should get the free version. Here's another link for it - link.
    But Vision is fine :)

9. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

Also, why does my computer lag so much when I am using Nero? It isnt that bad when I use Azereus, but when I use Nero, it seems like I can barely get on Firefox. Whenever I have Azereus, Nero and AIM open it freezes; its like I cant use anything when using Nero. I just cleaned my computer today, but is it the computer or just Nero?

Also as I am burning, I see that the video preview is stuttering. Will it be like that on the actual DVD? I had to set it to Long Play so it would fit on the disk.

10. binkie7

What are the pc specs like processor & ram?

Vision or most transcoding/encoding programs can really zap the pc resources though burning usually doesn't.

Have you done a disc defrag, cleanup, registry cleaner & virus scan recently? If not do them - good to keep on the pc maintenance anyhow.

11. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

Also as I am burning, I see that the video preview is stuttering. Will it be like that on the actual DVD? I had to set it to Long Play so it would fit on the disk.

I believe it is Intel 4 with 2.4 GHz.

12. binkie7

The preview can be a little jumpy at times - not really a totally smooth playback in that screen. I think this has something to do with the conversion.

But check and make sure all the drives are in DMA mode and not PIO mode.
    link.

How about the ram? You can find this by right clicking on 'my computer' then picking properties. The general tab has this info.

13. jack3216

jack3216 Member

am i missing something why not just burn avi file using NVE and make a dvd option you can either save in your HD or burn straight to a DVD disc which will play on any DVD player