1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Ultra Edition Disappeared

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cipriana, Sep 16, 2011.

1. cipriana

cipriana Member

Until last week I had Nero 7 Ultra Edition and it suddently disappeared. The program came pre-installed in the computer, so I don´t have a license or the original disk. How can it simply disappear? Could it be a virus? The c: folders are there, but all the files simply vanished. I even have the tag in my programs menu, but it´s empty. I am totally clueless as to how this can happen. Does anyone know?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Programs do not just "disappear" for no reason. Reasons to look for: Virus, Hacker, "Little Prying Fingers".

You will need to check for a virus. Run a complete scan of your system. If you do not already have it, may I suggest MalwareBytes Anti-malware (a free download). In fact, use several anti-virus programs to check, as any one program does not catch everything. Once you are "clear" on the virus issue, it is probably safe to reinstall Nero. Yes, you will need a disc.

Change passwords.

Be sure that no one has access to your machine; such as a Hacker, Child, or some one that is mad at you and pulling a prank. It is possible that some one deliberately or by accident removed your program. Keep your machine physically and electronically secure.

Good luck.