1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Ultra Edition problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by VMathis, Nov 2, 2007.

1. VMathis

VMathis Member

I recently did a system recovery on my computer bring it back to factory quaility. Doing this I erase every file I had on my computer and had to download them again. I reinstalled Nero 7 Ultra Edition on my computer and once installed I did a Nero Productsetup and installed all the updates available. (This is the same thing I did when I purchased and installed Nero 7 the first time.)

For some reason now whenever I go to Nero Startsmart to burn a file onto a DVD the picture or movie comes out with great quaility however without sound. I notice that any file containing the words for example (DVDrip eng AC3) would burn but without sound. The crazy thing is when I go to watch it on my computer the file would play with sound, so it seems to be only when I'm recording them onto a DVD. (Also before I did the system recovery I put all my files into a external Harddrive so they weren't deleted.) What did I do wrong? Please help?

2. attar

attar Senior member

In Nero Vision, click 'More' and 'Video Options'
    Under 'General' tab 'Nero SmartEncoding' set Automatic.
    Then under the 'DVD-Video' tab, set the audio format (Automatic or Dolby
    Digital).

3. VMathis

VMathis Member

Tried this and still all movies record without sound. Anything else I can do?

4. attar

attar Senior member

To be clear, if you were to save the output from Nero to a hard drive folder, could you play the files back ok?

5. VMathis

VMathis Member

Yes I can play some of the files on my computer. Again it's just the one containing the letters (DVDrip Eng axxo AC3).

For instant if I click on the file the nero program would open and play the movie on my desktop with a great picture quility and sound.

When I go to burn this movie however on a DVD or do a DVDrip the movie for some reason plays without sounds. I've actually stopped burning movies at this moment on DVD but still when I do a check to see how the movie would come out before pressing (BURN) the movie plays without sound. Again it's not with ever file on my computer. For instant I found that if I click on the file and click property and if the file contain (Audio MEG-4) Then the movie would burn with sound. If it doesn't have this then it won't burn with any sound. I'm just concerned that the productupdate I did on my Nero had something to do with this because I didn't have a problem before doing this.

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. VMathis

VMathis Member

If I download the AC3 file as suggested by you. Will it work on my Nero Vision 4 program. Will Nero pick it up and when I burn the movie or will I have to do something in order to make it work.