1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Ultra..........Runtime error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hotivonn, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Hotivonn

Hotivonn Member

Hi there..............I'm trying to burn a dvd of something and when i open up smartstart and click on "Make my own dvd", I add the files that i want and then WHAM...........i get a runtime error with no numbers...this is what it says. "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero7\Nero Vision\NeroVision.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

WTF do they mean??????

help in advance hotivonn

2. philzone

philzone Regular member

hello! "smart start" used to give me problems too.(got rid of it) use "nero burning rom", without smart start. it will be on the last dropdown of your "all programs" under nero, of course. use "dvd video" at "new compilation"(assuming you have a VIDEO_TS folder) then browse to your video ts folder on the right, drag it to the left, burn.
    If burning an xvid or divx, use "dvdrom iso"mode at new compilation.
    If this works for you(probably will), an easy way to use all the time is, when you go to "all programs", nero, video, etc, and get to nero burning rom, right click it and select "pin to start menu". this will pin it in the upper portion of start menu. hope i was helpful! merry new year!

3. philzone

philzone Regular member

dah! just read your post more carefully.sorry! you are making a video from scratch? nero vision makes dvds from mpeg video files (not allready in dvd format) it may give you that error if you import the wrong media type. what axactly are you trying to burn (format, filename)?

4. Hotivonn

Hotivonn Member

they simpsons "cuts" in avi format

5. philzone

philzone Regular member

have you installed anything from office xp lately? if yes, than this is a known conflict. in add/remove programs, select office, add/remove, maintenance mode options, add remove features, select "not available" for the "Support for fast searching" repeat for all office apps.
    honestly, nero sucks for this stuff(encoding). tis a nice program for building a dvd if you all ready have dvd compliant mpeg2 video clips. but i would suggest going another rout for mpeg2 encoding. The methods i use are time consuming, and require 6-8 programs.(i am a quality nazi)
    I would be happy to share it with you, or there are many simpler solutions. Search a.d. forums for avi to dvd. You will find many threads regarding this, and read good advice from people who use this stuff. if you are hell bent on nero, your issue can be solved.

6. philzone

philzone Regular member

HA! found the page that deals with this directly. check it out...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307817
    also nero has "clean tools" or something like that. get it directly from nero.com. i suggest doing the office thing, then running clean tools

7. Hotivonn

Hotivonn Member

buy i'm not having a problem with office xp stuff..............just to burn avi's. I just burnt an .iso and it burnt fine. Is there something wrong with the avi's maybe?

8. philzone

philzone Regular member

your problem is actually with windows(sort of). more like windows having problems with the way nero interacts with it. your issue is with the windows runtime library. still disable the fast searching feature option in office. i'll bet that stops the problem. generally, burning isos doesn't use a runtime environment. thats why no problems there.
    if it were me, i would do the office thing, reinstall nero, run cleantools. if that didn't do it(probably will tho) i would kick it to the friggin' curb. and uninstall it all, reinstall nero burning rom only
    Nero is probably the most powerful rom burning software out. has been for a long time. but all the cute stuff they add to their bundle can be quite flakey. Im pretty sure of all the extras they have, some freeware program will do the same thing, only better, more stable, and without runtime errors.
    But you know what they say about opinions...

http://85.17.184.130/forums/index.php?showtopic=32993&hl=avi+dvd
    an alternative program for creating dvds

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/57227
    shyteload of info on avi to dvd. good to spend an hour or so with it

9. Hotivonn

Hotivonn Member

k well...........i'm going to try what you said....i'll let you know how it goes...........