1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 with Vista

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fanny6, Jun 12, 2007.

1. fanny6

fanny6 Member

I am having a right nightmare with Nero, i tried installing it a while back and it wouldn't install fully and corectlly due to it being a vista operating system, the problem is it has left Nero in my add/remove programs section of the control panel (but nowhere else) and I am unable to delete it, vista tried then says it has encountered a problem and needs to close, I have tried downloading and running the cleaning tool from Nero to clear up errors and this again says it has encountered an error so can not find Nero.
    I have downloaded the install file for the latest version 7.9.6.0 which is supposed to be vista compatible and tried running it (as an administrator) and it goes through everything fine - preparing installation then it comes up preparing to install for about 2 seconds then that is it, that disappears and nothing.

I am lost as to what to do now, does anyone have any suggestions Please?

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You can try a system restore to the point before the first install, something from that has corrupted the new install. If that does not work you can try a regcleaner, ccleaner is free and may work.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Other than that you may have to do a reformat. I use Nero with Vista and have no problems, but I did clean install of the latest version.

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You might want to try manually going through and removing folders for Nero or Ahead. Make sure and adjust the search function, if you use it, to find all files since the default search is almost worthless. I'm not running Vista, so I can't tell you where the folders are located.

There was also a registry and driver cleaner, in case you haven't tried that.

4. fanny6

fanny6 Member

Thanks for the help but tried to roll back with system restore but I couldn'g get it to go back as far as I needed it so that was no good, I tried downloading the cc cleaner to get rid of the nero shortcut but again windows intervenes and stops it.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I had a bad install on XP with Nero 7 when it came out it did not properly remove Nero 6. Tried manually removing the files and the regcleaner but it was a no go. I ended up just reformating. Vista with all its security really does not allow the old regcleaners to work. About your only option is a reformat that is the only way to get rid of all Nero files. Nero likes to hide lots of stuff.