1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 : Adding subtitle with nero is still impossible.

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by bonkabonk, Dec 24, 2007.

1. bonkabonk

bonkabonk Member

It's official:
    Adding subs to avis with NeroVision when making them into DVDs is still impossible.
    With Nero Vision you can more or less drag and drop your AVIs/Xvid/MKV into it, and convert them into DVD files.
    However, after 5 tries, the good people at nero still haven't figgerd out how to add subs to this. Must be cause germans dub instead of sub everything. Oh well. It's always cool to hear Will Smith and Whoopi Goldberg speak german.

2. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

and its missing features it had in nero 7....nero8 seems to be a update to get the program working on vista and nothing more.

But where are all the good DVD re-authoring programs at, I like building menus from time to time but nothing really offers the automatic start feature I want with easy to build menus....

3. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

VSO ConvertxtoDVD is very good indeed.It gives you the option to add subtitles,create a menu of your choice and it will also burn the resulting dvd for you also if you select the option.
    I have used it very often and i is basically perfect for me.It is laso the easiest program to use wth a guide somewhere here on afterdawn.Just search for it.

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

it has one hell of a sucky GUI and the menu making part of it sucks....

5. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

It still does the job.

6. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Nero is horrible when it comes to anything to do with AVI's.

I recommend you use DVD Flick. It's free, simple to use, and gives you excellent quality results. Also, unlike VSO, it allows you to set your bitrate manually to squeeze more quality into your DVDs and will allow you to add subtitles. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.

7. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

Can you please tell me how you can burn a DVD movie file with subtitles on NERO ? I tried BUT the subs do not show on the player, I do not know if there is a function for burning subs on Nero. The subtitled button on the remote of the DVD player says there are none on the DVD.

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

try using DVD shrink to trouble shoot it,you can also use it to build a DVD image from a image or folder.

use nero to make a DVD and output it into a folder the have DVD shirk analyze it and them make a image out of it see if that helps.

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@Che_lives
    Are you trying to back up a DVD, or convert a movie with Nero and the subtitles don't show?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  10. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

I am trying to create a dvd with subs, but the subs do not show up on the dvd when played on a player or my computer. I do not know if there is a function or something, or how to put subs on. I have a movie file that has subs, doesnt show on DVD...... thanks for your patience.

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

By "I have a movie file that has subs and I want to create a DVD"--you mean you have something like an AVI/Divx file that has subtitles? Are you using nero Vision?Are the subtitles in a separate file from the video?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  12. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

Thanks for your time, I have avi,divx file that is correct. But when i burn it , no subs.

13. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

14. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

I jumped the gun on my part, sorry, thanks for your time. Daryl

15. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

No problem! When using DVD Flick, use the "high quality" settings, 2-pass encoding for best result. It will be a bit slower, but if you do to sleep it won't matter:~)!!

16. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

can I make fancy menus that will time out and start the movie when want? how abotu importing menus from a DVD?? it looks nice must try it 0-o.

17. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Not really sure what you mean by menus that time out? You can create menus, and to selec your own template you have to manually insert them in DVD lick's directory(I think that is possible). It does not have fancy menu options like the payware program ConvertxtoDVD, just the basics, but again...it is free!

18. varnull

varnull Guest

It is possible to make just about any menu structure you want..

If you use an application which allows you to make/edit the dvd.html file (specifies files, subs (I can have more than one set), menu structure, audio streams (5.1 or 2chan again).. everything\) you will find that animated menus are possible..

The only reasonably priced windows program I know which starts to have this functionality is dvdlab-pro .. There is one drawback with that.. the files need to be in the right format first.. no drag and drop avi's.

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

time out or automation means after a set time the movie will automatically start playing.

20. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Thanks Zippy!
    Hmmm...and what is the point of a menu that times out? I put the disc in , choose the title and then the movie starts to play after I fall asleep, or while I go and take a shower or something? Or is more like , I can set the DVD to watch it with my dog, go get a six pack, and if I am not back in 10, just in case I get cought up into a pool game,when the menu times out,my dog can start watching the movie without me?:~)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008