1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 : Adding subtitle with nero is still impossible.

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by bonkabonk, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

My granmother and her sis are 94 I have a 6 year niece non can use the Gdamn menus and frankly for the few movies that do time out into playing I fcking love it, half the time I don't want to fool with the menu thus the whole automation thing I dig,plus I dont have to load a flick each time someone wants to see it :p.

But in the end chapters to skip to and a menuless DVD that starts right up is easier to make I guess.

hell I just rip a movie only disc with DVD shirk or something and be done with it..but there are times when I want to go fancy and bother making a menu :p

Yes zippy is bi polar...that or the voices have him confused again :p

2. shibadude

shibadude Member

I to have started using DVDFlick to do my AVI's with external subtitle files. Works fine.

3. john1001

john1001 Member

I have no idea how it happened but for some reason I am hard coding all subs in my DVD's. During the encoding process. I use Nero Recode to make to .mp4 and then make to DVD. On the local video file the subs are hard coded and on the DVD they are hard coded.
    Now to find out how to stop it from happening. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to do this.. gave up on it.. and now its happening by accident and cant turn it off.
    Anyone else run into a simular problem?

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

What do you mean by "local video files"?
    And wh ydo you convert first to mp4 and then to DVD? What format are your source files?

5. john1001

john1001 Member

I rip the DVD to mp4 format as a backup. Using Nero Recode.
    If the DVD is damaged or whatever I can just make another DVD.
    So I took the mp4 file and made it into a DVD.
    Before, for some reason it was taking the embedded subs in the vob files on the dvd and integrating it into the mp4 file. So whenever I play the file locally (on the computer) with media player, Showtime whatever it was showing the subs. Also after I made it into a dvd the subs were hard coded in there. (I removed the .srt files also from the folder so I know it was loading external subs. And I checked VOB sub and media player to not use subs. So I know that wasnt it.)
    To fix this I uninstalled Nero Recode, cleaned everything out from the registry etc and re-installed. I dont know why but I had to do this a couple times to get it back to normal. So now Im back to normal again.
    But I would like to figure out how I did it so I can so it again but turn it off and on when I want. Instead of having it always on.
    I hope that I explained all this right.

6. bonkabonk

bonkabonk Member

To all:
    Yes DVD flick might do the job, but it is Gruelling slow!!! it can take up to 5-8 hours to make ONE lousy DVD! Let's say a dvd, with 2 movies or 4 TV episodes.
    And what if you make a mistake, such as the subs arent' sync? There's nothing more annoying than that, especially if you're watching a thriller and read who the killer is before he actually shows up.

ConvertXtoDVD does all this in under 2 hours
    It seems that the new version 3.0000 is sucky with the menus, so either stick with version 2.xxx or just don't make menus.

And yes, you CAN make a DVD with nice Nero menus, and then rip it or rework or demux it with DVD Lab Pro, so that you CAN add subtitles ....
    but it is very hard and it takes a lot of work.
    so, unless you get paid, i don't recommend it.

Try to get ConvertXtoDVD, if you don't know how, you might buy it, even.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

It is possible to hardcode subs with Nero Vision. Not removable subs though...