1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 and infamous PMA Update Failure

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LilMikeyP, Sep 15, 2008.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Did you create an ISO with burned disc that worked and tried to burn said ISO in ImgBurn? Quit playing with the old ISO file for now. Make a new one from the Fab burned Video-TS files Verb disc that worked.-the files that make up the video portion of the movie-closest I can come-google it). Now burn the ISO with ImgBurn and if successful, burn it with Nero Burning Rom.

2. LilMikeyP

LilMikeyP Member

Look up higher on this page:

Code:
    So that worked! I ripped and burned the disc using just ImgBurn and there wasn't a single error!

Okay, so how do we get Nero to work again? :P 
    I also burned the same ISO with Nero and had no errors either.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

So the only real problem you ever had was corrupted ISOs that you kept trying to copy-over and over. As it happens you got success with a good ISO you made from a disc you copied with Fab from Video_TS files. ImgBurn and Nero are both working with a healthy file be it ISO and most probably Video_TS files. All seems to be right. Where in the world did you get the ISOs that aren't working correctly. Did you rip them yourself or get them from the internet? Not everything on the net is what it seems. Life is good now. Burn on! LOL

4. LilMikeyP

LilMikeyP Member

It does appear to be some of the ISO's. What I'm curious about is that they burned properly before. I've never had an issue with them. They've been sitting on my external hard drive backed up.

The other thing is that the PMA Update failure disks still seem to be working as well. I can still read all the files off the disc even though the ISO seems to be bad. Does that make any sense?

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Maybe they got corrupted from disc defragmentations over time. I would get rid of them. If you have a good old burn saved then rerip the ISO to HDD if you want them there. I see no reason for them to be there if you have a hard copy disc. JM2C Glad you got it sorted. In the future, if you have a problem, don't keep repeating the same thing thinking the outcome will change, start from scratch and a clean file.

6. LilMikeyP

LilMikeyP Member

Well a PMA Update Failure generally doesn't mean a bad file - it means bad media. Which is exactly why I started troubleshooting the drive instead. That and the fact that using a bunch of different ISO's would add too many variables and not help troubleshoot. It's looking good so far, though, so I guess maybe that was the issue. Thanks for all the help, and thank you everyone else as well.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Happy to have helped.

8. bobkerce

bobkerce Member

I use to get same error message. On a hunch I tried to play the disc anyway and it worked, the disc played fine even though I got an error message at the end of the disc at once. On other dvd copies I didn't get the error message but whenever I did, I still played the disc's and they played fine. Try playing the disc anyway.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bob

You're a little late, he has solved his problem. By chance did you have that problem with a new Dell with Sata drives??