1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 and Lightscribe Will Not Work

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by StirlingC, Nov 12, 2007.

1. StirlingC

StirlingC Member

Hi All

Since loading Nero 8, I cannot get Lightscribe to work. When I open Coverdesigner it shows the Lightscribe icons. I can go through the whole process with no problem, even preview the design. When I go to print, it shows the label is being processed, goes to 40% then 50% then jumps to 100% and the next thing I am told the print preocess is 100% complete. The disc is ejected with absolutely no print on it at all.
    I did a complete Nero Clean, reinstalled 8, no luck. Did the same and then reinstalled my old 7850 version. This now does not work either. Went back to my Nero 6 OEM and this works perfectly.

Any help or advice?

2. StirlingC

StirlingC Member

Update

This is now only a problem if I include an image on the print design. Staight forward text is no problem.

3. stripecat

stripecat Member

I'm having this exact same problem with nero 8 and lightscribe. Things were working well for 30 some disks. But then I started having the problem you described, where the progress bar jumps to 100 percent completion before the lightscribe burn has begun. It now works occasionally when I restart the computer, but for the most part this problem happens over and over and it's a pain.

So I'm trying some other software now, but it'd be nice to figure out a fix for nero.

4. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Is your LightScribe driver up to date? iirc, they had an upgrade a couple of weeks ago. LightScribe.com

5. stripecat

stripecat Member

yeah, I've done that.

Have reinstalled it a few times along with nero. Have tried the nero 8 update as well.

It seems to work, sometimes, after a reinstall or reboot of the comp. But it's quirky. Too much to bother with unless there is a clear fix.

Started using Aucoustica, and it actually makes better copies than nero, but it can take up to 40 mins to lightscribe.