1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 update download problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kenj59, Nov 14, 2007.

1. kenj59

kenj59 Member

I just bought a new retail box Nero version 8, installed and found out that I needed to update. And, it appears that the update contains the whole blinkin' thing!! 178 MBytes. I wonder why anyone should buy the retail box?

Since I live in the sticks the only broadband available for me is satellite which is tempermental, not all that fast and has monthly bandwidth quotas. What on earth do dialup users do for updates??

So I use a download accellerator which has the much needed feature to resume downloads that quit on you. I nursed along this download from the Nero site which has fits, restarts and sometimes spit out only a few KBytes at a time - for four hours! Around midnight I could not get the download to resume so I shut down for the night - with only 2 MBytes to go. I have NOT been able to get the download to restart for about four days now. I am fuming! And the Nero site doesn't seem to have useful help for such situations.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to salvage this download or am I SOL? Is there a more reliable source for the download than the MANUFACTURER'S website?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Just because it says there is an update available it doesnt mean that you have to update...you can still use the version you have on disc.

3. kenj59

kenj59 Member

Thanks for the reply, Gwendolin.

Why update? After reading all the complaints here in this forum I would say - bug fixes. Already got the constant pop-ups from the Scout program fixed - by shutting it off!

After exploring this forum I found that AfteDawn makes the update available for download - and it downloaded without incident in about twenty minutes. Thanks, AfterDawn. All I have to do now is get the Help file mess fixed.