1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 9 a step backwards

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gnk, Oct 22, 2008.

1. BOMOON

BOMOON Member

Thanks killalot, I'll give audiograbber a try. You might want to check the LG Blu-Ray burners for price, they're not too expensive and they work great.

You're right about the cost of Blu-Ray blanks. I'm doing this mainly to learn the technology, not build a Blu-Ray library of a lot of films. I like teaching myself this stuff - when I can do it, that is!

Maybe when the blanks come down in price (which they will do eventually) I'll think about a bigger library.

Have a good one,

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Audiograbber's a great (free) little program, have ripped a massive chunk of my CD collection with it.

3. BOMOON

BOMOON Member

What I just found, though, is that it doesn't burn CDs. That means I really can't use it to replace Nero Express as far as burning goes. No matter, I'll find something else when I have time to look...

Have a good one,

4. creaky

I burn all my audio cd's using Nero Burning Rom (6.6.0.18) and convert MP3 to audio cd's using the same

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. killalot

killalot Active member

6. killalot

killalot Active member

7. creaky

To enable Audiograbber to rip at 192kBit/s (never tried above 192 as that's all i've ever used) i use Radium Fraunhofer Mp3 Codec v1.263 (dated June 1999) which fell off the internet and onto my hard drive some years ago.

For burning audio cd's within Nero (ie to convert MP3's to an audio cd on the fly) i use Nero Mega Plugin Pack v1.0, which is easily found on the net

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  8. varnull

varnull Guest

I know dbpoweramp rips.. but I seem to remember it burns as well??

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I've used MusicMatch for ripping-compiling,playing and burning cds w/o problems for years. Still using version 8 since yahoo ruined program.Just don't allow it to phone home and everything works like it used to! JM2C

10. killalot

killalot Active member

MusicMatch, couldn't stand that software.I'll be in Ibiza tomorrow,on the beach with a cold one in my hand,nice...

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

lucky dog. LOL

12. Rebel69

Rebel69 Member

I use EAC to rip audio CDs to MP3s. Download the cover art from slothradio, then edit the tags and add the cover art with Tag&Rename (not free, but quite affordable). I then import the tracks into Virtuosa (with it's many faults, still the best cheap jukebox prog. I know of). I can play more tunes than I can stand plugging the laptop into the home or truck stereo. The only use I have for Nero is to burn audio and mp3 CDs. ImgBurn for everything else.

13. scum101

scum101 Guest

creakster.. what the hell are we doing?.. we tested nero9 to death last year and concluded it was a load of crap! Only bit of it I found was worth a wank (and soon I won't even have that option XD) was the hd capture part.. the rest was garbage bloatwere with hidden drm

Why do we continue to waste our time wit these nero retards when far better freeware open source alternatives are available?.. please.. enlighten me.......

as for audio.. just get dbpoweramp and the free open source lame encoder if you must have crappy mp3 files for your tosspod.. or send me a pm because i have all that junk here..

ppw.. the girl who does those awesome 128 bit 192khz vinyl rips you see on the torrents occasionally.. and they are staggering.. believe.. if you can play flac files

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2010
  14. creaky

I have no idea, i wouldn't even bother with 7.x or 8x. Absolutely no need to go past 6.6.0.18 here, and as you know i only keep that to do multiple concurrent burns. Nero will no doubt keep bashing out new versions until the triple digits. No thanks Nero.

I hadn't come across dbpoweramp, i'd previously ripped my entire cd collection using Audiograbber so have no need for anything else but i'll have a look into it.

Rebel69 - you need to remove the advertising from your signature, Forum Rules are in mine.