1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 9 vs 10

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by steff3, May 21, 2010.

1. steff3

steff3 Member

Are there any marked differences in these two? I have 9 Reloaded that I have not installed yet (waitinting till I have time to wipe Visto and go to 7) am and now considering 10 if it would be a better upgrade. Any thoughts?

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Save your money go back to 9, haven't used either, still on good NBRom 8321. Some are still using excellent 6.6.0.18.

Only if your Nero 9 is working properly that is.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. bob1324

bob1324 Member

10 has no Nero Showtime anymore.
    Video playing goes through Nero MediaHub.
    Subtitling didn't work

4. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    i have nero 10 and im wondering why the presets in these various tools do not work...i
    ]tried using the default but it wont work..why do they put them in if they deont work.?

benbernie

5. steff3

steff3 Member

All very curious...........

6. vaflyer49

vaflyer49 Member

I have had trouble with the new Nero Burning ROM - I have lost the association between DVD Decrypter.

I have had to revert to Nero 8.

7. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

why do u say that?

8. jkstone

jkstone Guest

There are no big difference in 9 & 10.
    But installation of 9 doesn't always work.
    Try 9 first!

9. BigDixon

BigDixon Member

10 is far speedier with an improved GUI in Smart Start compared to 9.

10. thesecret408

thesecret408 Member

I used to have Nero 7 Ultra Edition. The progrm prompted me one day to upgrade. I did. Biggest mistake I ever made. The upgrade deleted my 7 and none of it works. Nero's tech support is a joke. I am trying to get a refund out of them and they don't answer my emails. I would never purchase another Nero product.

11. palace29

palace29 Member

tried Nero 10, it told me that my computer didn't have MS Netframe 3 and it was there in the install list, got round this more by luck than judgement after uninstalling and reinstalling, finally got it all installed and parts of nerovision wouldn't work, so after spending hours messing about to no avail contacted nero support who wanted to know a load of techie info. Got fed up and went back to Nero 9 up dated which at the moment is working o.k. Found nero 10 over engineered with loads of stuff an ordinary guy just wanting to do a bit of basic movie editing and burning etc wouldn't use. Stick with version 9 untill they sort out the bugs, ( I found 9 a bit buggy when it first came out, some items on the CD didn't work properly the downloaded version was o.k though)

12. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

let me restate the question...why dont the presets work in nero 10?will they eventually work..if they wont why install them in the first place...??

benbernie

13. DrDub

DrDub Member

I used and liked Nero 7 and recently sprang the bucks for Nero 10 and absolutely hate it. It seems so confusing to me. I am going back to Nero 7

14. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

do the presets work in nero 7?

ben

15. DrDub

DrDub Member

I don't understand what "presets" you are addressing. All of my "presets" are in Photoshop :)) Sorry for that... Tell me what presets you are wanting to work.

16. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    ok if u look at one of the nero tools you will notice a little box...itll say "presets"
    its offers the user more cleaning options..check it out...its a drop down arrow in there
    itll have as one option "default" and other cleaning options...and in nero they dont work...

benbernie

17. DrDub

DrDub Member

I am unable to address your question since I am fully out of ver 10 and back to ver 7.9. I will check out the tool presets on 7 and see what they do. I basically use the showtime (which is absent on 10) and the wave editor as well as the burning aspect. For video editing I use Pinnacle and Adobe... mostly Pinnacle. Hope you find an answer.

18. benoy52

benoy52 Member

Hi all
    I got a basic version of Nero when I bought my Sanyo Xacti FH1 camcorder. Burned some videos and and slide shows with it. Then I upgraded it to Nero9 reloaded.
    Couple of days ago I bought Nero Multimedia 10. Had some issues in intalling it. But eventually I installed it. Let me tell you all something. Please do not buy Nero Multimedia 10. I tried to import some pictures to make a slide show, but was unable to to do so from my hard drive. Again, the Media Hub is a joke. Nero Multimedia 10 is good editing software, but not a good practical and easy-to-use one for the average Joe. Keep your Nero 9 Reloaded. It is an easy-to-use software for burning and basic editing processes. BY THE WAY, SANYO XACTI FH1 IS AN AMAZING PIECE OF GADGET.