1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO alternative for burning re-sized DVD files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clickclak, Apr 13, 2005.

1. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Hi all..

Lately, I haven't been happy with NERO; mainly because it doesn't show me what my active burning speed is. Status says Writing at 8x (11,080kb/s) which obviously does NOT stay constant, yet NERO doesn't show it actively.. I can't use DVD Decrypter to burn my DVD, because the files are in like d:\output\movie, and DVD Decrypter can only write ISOs it appears. Can someone reccomend to me a good NERO alternative? Freeware or non-freeware, it doesn't matter

Thanks

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You could run them through Shrink [bold]again[/bold] and after you hit backup you can change it to make an ISO and burn with DVD Decrypter.

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

I like to use VSO's CopyToDVD over Nero. It's very light at about 10Mb. You can burn DVD video/data or CD video/data. While burning it tells you exactly what your current write speed is

5. ngodina

ngodina Guest

I use dvd santa to burn, it works fine for me. It is very easy to use and demo version is unlimited with no expiry. It is free with all features.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Doesn't look to have a problem, just nit-picky.

Hey clickclak, why do you need to know the current burn speed? Just run a test on Nero CD-DVD Speed.