1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Alternative

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fm37212, Jul 2, 2005.

1. fm37212

fm37212 Member

Hi, can I burn using software other than Nero? I don't have Nero and it costs $70.

Thanks

2. davidyang

davidyang Guest

their are tons of burning software, from copying your dvd movies, to just burning ur mp3's to an audio cd..... their are many u can chose from.... the one that is right for you depends on what u want to do with your burner... here are a few i recommend... u can try them out at http://www.download.com... download the trial versions, and check which one u like... i recommend the following... Alcohol 120%, Nero 6 Ultra Edition, 1Click DVD Copy, and DVD X Copy Platnum

3. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

Roxio 7.0 is the chief competitor of nero.
    can't afford it get it off p2p

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@fm37212
    Well buddy like theve said there are tones of programs to do what u want. I would suggest u gettin stuff from here AfterDawn there are many freeware programs available here.... check out the software section

Software
    ----------
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/

Also here are to Free programs to help u with DVD's

DVD Shrink
    --------------
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

&

DVD Decrypter
    ----------------
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

I hope that helps keep me posted....

5. fm37212

fm37212 Member

Thank you all for your help. I'm trying DVD Shrink as a potential backup for my DVD X Copy whenever it stops working. But do any of these programs work with DVD Shrink? I did the shrink part of it and then it wanted to go to burn but it seemed it only gave me the option of using Nero and nothing else. Do I just have to shrink it to my hard drive and then use seperate burner software? I would of course prefer a free version of any software because I'm cheap.

Thanks for you help

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@fm37212

The steps u can take are:

1. use Decrypter to rip to c:\ drive (create a new folder though)

2. use shrink to compress the rip on the drive just create a new folder and put the compressed version in it. (this may take awhike to compress.(takes me an hour)

3. U can use a seprate program to burn to DVD like Clone DVD or Nero software,(apparently works well with shrink) or just burn it back to DVD with Decrypter

I personally have not used Decrypter to burn it back on DVD, but if it wrks try it. I like the safer options where i can keep everything includin menus speacial features etc... (takes longer but works like a charm. :)

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've used DVD Decrypter (in file mode) to rip to harddrive, then DVD Shrink to shrink to size, then DVD Decrypter to burn to DVD for 100s of successful backups ... I highly recommend the combo ...

9. Crystatic

Crystatic Guest

Whats P2P ? Some dud was arrested for useing KaZZA the other day !!!

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Crystatic

P2P is Peer to Peer file sharing over networks.

11. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

fm37212:

There are several sites where you can get OEM Nero suites for $5 - $8. I would suggest Suite 3 because it includes Recode2... Actually there is a link in the ads on this page...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005