1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and DVD burning Q

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by coz182, Nov 10, 2004.

1. coz182

coz182 Guest

Ok, i have downloaded and cracked about a million programs but none do what i want them too. I want to put compressed DVD's...avi's, mpegs and maybe Divx onto DVD and have them stay at that size...say 700mb a movie instead of being encoded to 6.5 gig, so that i can have a few movies on the one DVD. I found a program that done this BUT it only works in my computer drive and not in a DVD player. if there are any programs that do this i would like to know about them! also Nero 6, it wont let me burn, i get everything set but the burn icon just wont light up. thanks to anyone that helps out!

2. john179

john179 Active member

If i want to put a couple of films on a disc i will normally author them with either unlead movie maker or tmpgenc.Then i will give them a squeeze with shrink or one2one and then put on a disc.which i will then normally burn with Nero 6.Dvd authoring is the best way to go as you can put your menus in and such and is good fun doing.Have a look at the guide section there will be some help there on how to use tmpgenc.

John179