1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero and roxio

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by benbernie, Apr 13, 2007.

1. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    i tried to record using roxio while having nero installed on my computer.while i was doing the record the roxio sound editor stop
    ped recording.i was told i have to much stuff in my hard drive.so
    i tried to do a defragment but i had already done it a few days ago.
    i heard that nero 7 takes up a large amount of space in your hard drive.if i were to uninstall nero 7 would that help at all??thanks

coonsanders

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

you have overlooked the biggest problem.Nero and roxio on the same machine.They just dont co exist together peacefully.I suggest you take nero off , use the clean tools.Do all you need to do with roxio, then uninstall roxio use the roxio zapper, then reinstall your nero and complete the part of the project that you require nero with.

How much free space do you have on your pc?

Nero is relatively small, only takes 236meg of space

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Nero and Roxio CAN and DO coexist on my pc for years without one issue. You've had them on your pc for a while and everything was working until now? How big is you hard drive? You pc is telling you that you don't have enough room on your HDD. Get rid of the other unimportant stuff and defrag your HDD, so Roxio's sound editor has enough room to put those large WAV files you seem to be recording or get a spare HDD and move all the trash over to it to free up space on your C drive.

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

garmoon: you dont know everything, i've been telling you that for years.It doesnt neccessarily mean that you are right or i am wrong but in my case and many others nero and roxio do not always co exist peacefully together.We could debate this til the cows come home and yes we did debate it on many levels.

If you can find scubapete these days see if he'll broaden evry ones perspective on: if nero and roxio actually do work together .

later one and all

5. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi guys

it seems i started a heated debate.....but anyway i think i found the answer to my problem.....it was the track seperater.i didnt have
    the auto track seperator checked so it couldent tell where the songs
    started and ended.i believe that was the problem.if not ill ill be
    back.thanks guys.

benbernie

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@zeiram

Your name was never mentioned in my post. I stick by what I said. This is what you said:

You don't mention anything about them coexisting on ANY pc. I'm waiting for his post to see if they've been installed together for a while. If they have, then that is not the problem. From what he posted it appears his HDD is getting full. If he's working with WAVs in Roxio Sound editor, he will need some room, much as with ripping and encoding movies. If he posts back that he just installed Roxio and his problem started then it is the culprit but neither you nor I have enough information to know at present. I still use roxio sound editor and that is why I have both installed. There are others here with both installed too.

Furthermore, show me one post where I claimed to know everything. Hell will freeze over. So before you jump in my $hit, get your $hit straight and we can get on to helping benbernie who has to wake up on Saturday morning and read this crap.

Edit: Just now saw your post benbernie, good for you, seems Roxio and Nero are working fine together on another pc. LMFAO

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  7. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    ok thanks guys.

benbernie